PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Sealant/Wax Acrylic based?

imported_grease
01-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Wet-Ice Over Fire Shine Kit (http://www.properautocare.com/weovfishkit.html)

According to this link, Blackfire Wet Diamond AFPP is an acrylic based sealant. They also state that the Midnight Sun Carnauba wax uses the same acrylic polymers.

I was under the impression that Midnight Sun Carnauba is extremely similar to Pinnacle Souveran, but Ive never even seen mention that Souveran is synthetic based...I always thought it was pure wax based.

So is blackfire sealant using the same acrylics used in Klasse or Werkstatt? What about Chemical Guys?

Cleaning Fool
01-31-2009, 08:58 PM
I don`t think that link is saying Blackfire is an acrylic based sealant. According to CMA, it is an oil in water emulsion product. Anyway, I`ve used Blackfire many times and never really thought it was acrylic based at all.

imported_grease
01-31-2009, 09:27 PM
This is from the 2nd paragraph.

"This is a paint-friendly, water-based, sealant formulated with the latest generation of German, acrylic, super-polymers."

Then it says this about the wax...

"Packed to the max with super-pure, Brazilian Ivory Carnauba, this one-of-a-kind wax is fortified with wetness enhancing, super-polymers to add rippling liquidity and mile-deep depth."

Im not saying your wrong, but there is room for different interpretation here...

Check out this link...look at "At A Glance"

BLACKFIRE Deep Gloss (Spray) Sealant (http://www.properautocare.com/blacdeepglos.html)

This just makes me curious. Most of the descriptions of Wolfgang Fuzion saay its using german super-polymers...

One can wonder if maybe it uses the same polymers too...?

blake_jl
02-01-2009, 03:58 AM
I`m sure there are plenty of different products using the same chemicals. Doesn`t mean they come from the same manufacturer though.

And I would bet my left nut that Souveran contains a synthetic material like PDMS. Your basic recipe of a paste wax is your various waxes, your solvent and then your oils. These polymers they refer to are your oils or resins etc.

Alfisti
02-01-2009, 09:23 AM
grease, the description makes it clear that Blackfire is an acrylic-based sealant.

As to your question, here`s something to consider (outside the speculation and strange comments in this thread).

PAC makes it clear that Blackfire is water-based. It appears all acrylic sealants on the market are.

The trouble begins when you turn to pastes. Pastes are never water-based. To allow a paste to spread, yet remain solid, it requires a large quantity of PDs...often over 50%. PDs are only good at softening oil-based ingredients, not water-based.

I`ve yet to see an acrylic paste on the market. That said, I suggest that Souveran (and most pastes) are oil-based non-acrylic formulas.

imported_grease
02-01-2009, 10:36 AM
So would I be right in thinking there are 2 different types of synthetic polymers that are used in waxes and sealants? One synthetic is meant for protection, a replacement for Carnuaba...while the other is used for looks, to add gloss and wetness?

Blake, I dont understand what you mean. How could 2 products use the same chemicals and NOT come from the same manufacturer? There are only a handful of chemical manufacturers. That doesn`t imply the producst are the same, but Id assume certain chemicals used in the forumla certainly are.

We all know JW is reformulated Klasse...and that Blackfire polishes are MEnz`s polishes with added oils. And Chemical Guys reformulates for loads of companies...

imported_grease
02-01-2009, 10:40 AM
So would I be right in thinking there are 2 different types of synthetic polymers that are used in waxes and sealants? One synthetic is meant for protection, a replacement for Carnuaba...while the other is used for looks, to add gloss and wetness?

Blake, I dont understand what you mean. How could 2 products use the same chemicals and NOT come from the same manufacturer? There are only a handful of chemical manufacturers. That doesn`t imply the producst are the same, but Id assume certain chemicals used in the forumla certainly are.

We all know JW is reformulated Klasse...and that Blackfire polishes are MEnz`s polishes with added oils. And Chemical Guys reformulates for loads of companies...

There is certainly room for an improvement in descriptions from some of these companies...

Its not neccessary, but it would certainly be nice to know!

wfedwar
02-01-2009, 11:50 AM
SHow could 2 products use the same chemicals and NOT come from the same manufacturer?

Some companies make ingredients (e.g., polyethylene/acrylic polymer), while others blend it to make a useable product, and of course others simply repackage or market the product.