PDA

View Full Version : Want: Detailer in Western Suffolk for Spring detail

STownSaint
01-31-2009, 04:17 PM
First off, I`m very impressed with this site and the work I see done. I wish I had the resources and time to get into detailing, maybe later on.

Anyways, I`m looking to get my black 2006 Altima detailed either Easter weekend or Mar.27-Apr.5, if possible. The closer to western Suffolk County, the better (I understand this might be too picky, though).

I`m only looking to get the exterior paint done, as I can do the interior and I have seasonal wheels that are fully cleaned before put into storage. The paint hasn`t been waxed/clayed for a while and shows moderate-heavy swirling. I`m not sure exactly what type of treatment the paint needs, but I`m looking for a fairly reasonable deal (if possible).

I can post pics if needed/requested.

Thanks for your time.

-JM

PS: I`m very sorry if it was wrong to start a new thread for this, I just didn`t want to be a jerk and take over other people`s threads.

Nick1214
01-31-2009, 05:15 PM
If you are looking for a fairly inexpensive detail I think I would be well suited for you. I have been detailing for 3 years and got serious last summer.

My website is not complete so I would rather you not look at that for pricing or packages but the rest of the info and the portfolio is all good information.

I will do,

Z7 wash (triple bucket method)

Dry with waffle weave chamois

Clay bar

ZAIO- for your swirls

Z6

Z5

Z6

Z2

Z6

I think this would be best for someone looking for a fairly inexpensive detail.

Please give me a call and I can show you my car which is a sample of my work.

Thanks

imported_PaPaHoFF
02-01-2009, 10:41 AM
private message sent.

imported_DJ Mayo
02-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Remember, your here at autopia where standards are set. If you want your exterior brought back to where it should be and having those swirls removed is going to be a minimal of a few Benjamins.

STownSaint
02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
^I understand that. I didn`t mean to make the impression that I was looking for a bargain-barrel detail, but my car is a commuter/daily driver, so I was trying to avoid giving people the impression I was looking to spend a lot on a full restoration.

Honestly, a cheap detail makes me nervous (dirty terry cloth rags and buffer swirl included). Coming here, I can be pretty confident that spending more means a job well done, so I`m less weary of spending more.

(But you wouldn`t believe how many places around here get $200+ for details that make the car look worse)

Thanks for the advice tho