PDA

View Full Version : Look before spraying

Danspeed1
01-30-2009, 04:13 PM
So, I got this ingenious idea that I would head over to my parents house, where one of my cars is currently being stored and wash it because it was getting dirty. So its like 35*F and I don`t want to risk using the outdoor hose line just in case its frozen from the last set of 20*F days we`ve had. So instead I come up with, what at the time seemed to be a good idea. I will run the hose inside the house to a facet and use warm water to wash the car. The wash goes really well the the car is looking really good. I leave and come back a couple of days later and there are white spots all over the car. *** I thought to myself. The car has not been on the road in a few months so what appears to be road salt is an impossibility. This is driving me nuts at this point. The car looks terrible... where did this white dust all over the car come from. A few days later I stop on by again and my dad is busy in the water heater room. On my way in the door I head down stairs and we begin talking. When I look over, he is poring a green bag into this cylindrical machine. I ask him what he is doing and he replies.... "just adding some salt to the water softener."

SO the vehicle i was trying to keep salt free all winter, just got a nice salt wash in all of its cracks and crevasses.

Look before spray,

Dan

Bobby G
01-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Dan, the good news is the salt is on top of the car where you`ve been keeping it wax and not on the under-body and all the cracks and crevices.

:woot: