PDA

View Full Version : These are the products I have, what order to use?

woptang22
10-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Hello, I have a jet black BMW M3 and I love to keep it clean. But it does have some swirl marks and I dont have a PC to buff them out. But as far as the products I have, I dont know which ones to use and in which order. I have a few poorboys products and they are: ssr2, ssr1 and nattys paste wax. I also have a few ardex products which are: ardex #2 polish and ardex gold supreme sealant. I want to try to use the ssr 1 then maybe some nattys. Is polishing the paint with the ssr products enough or do I need something after the ssr1 to polish the paint more before adding wax? The reason I ask is because from what I gather the ssr products are used to remove light swirls. Do I need a different polish after the ssr to prep the paint for wax? Sorrt maybe this is a dumb question, but I dont know a great deal about detailing. Thanks for any help.

Way2SSlow
10-06-2005, 11:58 AM
With the SSR`s you`ll want to count backwards. SSR3 being the most agressive and SSR1 being the least. So you would start with SSR2 (if you need it) and finish with SSR1. After SSR1, you are good to apply Nattys or any other wax/sealant you so desire. With the Ardex...use the polish first and then the sealant.

Hawaiianelement
10-06-2005, 01:21 PM
If you going to do it by hand its going to be tough. Alot of work with minimal results . Especially on black . As a professional detailer and an E46 owner I suggest you get a Random Orbital buffer . The most liked here is made by Poter Cable and is commonly referred to as a PC. Very easy to learn and will cost less than 150 to get you started.

A PC cuts your time down by more than half and gives an even and steady applications for swirl remover and waxes .

Have you gotten any clay bars yet ? if not then get one and use it before your polishing.

Aloha

Beemerboy
10-06-2005, 01:48 PM
If you are doing this by hand Steve at PB say to work in small areas about 12 x 12 inches. This is so that you can keep control over the product and work well. I agree that a PC would be a good idea, but you will get OK results by hand.

I`d start with the SSR1 and see how that looks then go to SSR2 if needed. Follow that up with the polish and then sealant or wax is what I would followup with....

woptang22
10-06-2005, 02:00 PM
If you are doing this by hand Steve at PB say to work in small areas about 12 x 12 inches. This is so that you can keep control over the product and work well. I agree that a PC would be a good idea, but you will get OK results by hand.

I`d start with the SSR1 and see how that looks then go to SSR2 if needed. Follow that up with the polish and then sealant or wax is what I would followup with....
Do I need to use another polish after the ssr1, or can I go from the ssr1 to the sealant or wax?

Beemerboy
10-06-2005, 02:04 PM
The SSR1 leaves the car pretty nice is what I have seen...you can go to wax or sealant after that if you are happy with the results..... I like to pick an area that looks about the worst on the car and do that area....Then check in the sun for the results if I like that then move on from there.....