PDA

View Full Version : Would this be the correct product/process?

gth181a
01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
1. Two bucket wash (Meg`s Goldclass)

2. Claybar with ONR lube (Megs)

3. Spray down with water

4. Dry (MF towels)

5. Paint correction (Poorboys 2.5-orange pad, poorboys 1-white pad via PC)

6. Polish (Poorboys Professional Polish)

7. Paintwork Cleanser Lotion (P21S)

8. LSP (Zaino or some other wax)

my main question is the parts in red. Are these two products the same thing?

Legacy
01-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Poorboys polish is a light polish and P21s is a paint cleaner. You may want to use a blue pad with PPP for final polish. Have you purchased the polishes? If not, I would go with the Menzerna line. Cost more, but better results.

XRL
01-28-2009, 08:41 PM
I would think it might be a good idea to rinse the car before claybar. That way you can kinda see what you`re doing more.

craigdt
01-28-2009, 08:49 PM
I personally would use Clearkote Vanilla Moose instead of the two products in red.

Accumulator
01-29-2009, 11:33 AM
gth181a- There`s probably some overlap between the PB 1/white, the PB Pro Polish, and the P21s GEPC, but that`s not necessarily a bad thing.

But I know nothing at all about the PB Pro Polish so I can`t really say if it`s a waste of time or not. And the P21s GEPC might/might not be worth doing and could mess with the bonding of certain LSPs (quite possibly Zaino).

Oh, and I`d do those two final pre-LSP steps via PC too, rather than by hand.

I think I`d use something like ZAIO instead of those two steps if using Zaino for the LSP, but that`s just me.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

gth181a
01-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Poorboys polish is a light polish and P21s is a paint cleaner. You may want to use a blue pad with PPP for final polish. Have you purchased the polishes? If not, I would go with the Menzerna line. Cost more, but better results.

Yeah, I already I have the stuff. I`m still very new to detailing so I didn`t really want to spend the money at that time. But from what I`ve read, it`s definitely going to be my next polish brand.

gth181a
01-29-2009, 11:44 AM
gth181a- There`s probably some overlap between the PB 1/white, the PB Pro Polish, and the P21s GEPC, but that`s not necessarily a bad thing.

But I know nothing at all about the PB Pro Polish so I can`t really say if it`s a waste of time or not. And the P21s GEPC might/might not be worth doing and could mess with the bonding of certain LSPs (quite possibly Zaino).

Oh, and I`d do those two final pre-LSP steps via PC too, rather than by hand.

I think I`d use something like ZAIO instead of those two steps if using Zaino for the LSP, but that`s just me.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

Yeah I`d figure there is some overlap between those products, and I`m just trying to get opinions from the more experienced folks here. I may skip the Poorboy Pro Polish, since the P21S GEPC is very mild polish as well. Thanks.