PDA

View Full Version : 2008 jeep dash

famous
01-27-2009, 08:41 PM
What would you guys recommend to use on a 2008 Jeep Commander? Im talking about over the counter products. I used the meguiars detailer and it made my 2008 silverado dash real dry, white in some spots. Im just using a microfiber and a damp rag. any help would be great.

dublifecrisis
01-27-2009, 08:57 PM
famous-what sort of look are trying to achieve? are you talking about Meguiar`s QUIK Interior detailer? If so, yes it leaves a `matte` finish so to speak.

If you like a semi-gloss look with some good UV protectant, find 303 aerospace protectant i fyou can. It can be found at a boaters/marine store or RV supply/dealer. great stuff.

On the easier path-Target should have some stuff called Black Magic anti-static protectant in a red bottle for about $5. It goes on easily, leaves a nice light gloss without too much oily residue and smells like cherries.

not sure about white spotting-I`ve used plenty of Meguiar`s interior spray and haven`t experienced any spotting.

famous
01-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Im just looking to protect it really. I use the meguiars on my dodge ram but the dash is like hard plastic. on the silverado and jeep the dash is more like rubber. the rubber doesnt really take to the meguiars as if it dries it out reall really bad.

imported_MBenz
01-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Aerospace 303 = protection

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo102/auroracanvas2/303aerospacequart.jpg

XRL
01-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I really like Surf City Garage Dash Away. If you live in Florida and some other markets, you can pick it up at Advance Auto Parts.

Might wanna try turtle wax ICE. I don`t think it`s very good at protection though.

Lumadar
01-28-2009, 12:12 AM
What Meguiar`s detailer are you talking about? I`ve NEVER seen their interior products dry anything...and definitely never left white spots. :think:

Sounds like something else might be going on.

tibbsonaphone
01-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I like using Vinylex on my interior vinyl for its appearance. For the best protection, I believe aerospace 303 is the best. I`ve used it regularly on my convertible cover which has constant sun exposure, and it still looks like new. I doubt the white spots were caused by the product, clean the dash first, then apply protectant. The white spots are likely a reaction between the detail spray and something on the surface (a spilled drink, oil from fast food, or a build-up of another product). I`d recommend 303 for the best protection, clean the dash with a degreaser, then apply protectant.

backwoods_lex
01-28-2009, 05:28 AM
One of the good things about 303 is that it doesn`t streak like other protectants on finicky dash materials (as in some Chrysler vehicles).

bigfish528
01-28-2009, 08:33 AM
BLACKFIRE One Step Plastic Cleaner, Polish & Glaze does a good job and does not dry plastic out.