PDA

View Full Version : What Cleaner/Solution with Little Green Clean Machine?

nonwelder
01-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Thinking about getting one. I have some dedicated solution for my home carpets, but does anyone have any other products they use in the machine with good results? Megs APC+? Folex? APC?

thanks for the help!

dublifecrisis
01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I`ve only used the Bissell products that are on the shelf at Home Depot in the same section. They have a few different ones. some cheap, some more costly with OXY, super concentrated etc...Maybe someone else will chime in, but I think the main thing is to avoid anything that is sudsy/foamy as that could cause issues in the machine. It`s a decent machine that does well with dirty mats and upholstry.

BigJimZ28
01-27-2009, 09:05 PM
there are a ton of threads about this with some good info in them

maybe a search?

Barry Theal
01-27-2009, 09:12 PM
stay away from a highly alkaline cleaner. look for a low ph level cleaner. the more alkaline cleaner will produce more foam. more foam will hence, clog that machine. remember it that line gets clog because of using the wrong cleaner bleach does a good job cleaning extractors!

craigdt
01-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Ive heard of people using APC+, its supposed to foam less, iirc.

Chris@Optimum
01-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I would spray on a cleaner and agitate with a brush, then use the LGCM with hot water only to get out the cleaner and loosened dirt. After putting a black light on the carpet after cleaning and seeing how much residue is left behind, this is my preferred method. Use appropriate cleaners for various stains, and BioKleen or Resolve Traffic Lane Cleaners are good for general cleaning. They both mix only 2oz to a Gallon of water and the Resolve TLC is at Lowe`s for only $9.99 (gallon).

Lumadar
01-28-2009, 12:08 AM
I use Meguiar`s APC+ and it works great. Not too much foam, and works great on lifting stains.

memnuts
01-28-2009, 04:48 PM
I use either 303 spot remover or PB`s APC diluted 10:1. PB`s APC does foam a lot but all you really need is one spritz over the entire carpet. The 303 stuff doesn`t foam at all but I question it`s potency.

Barry Theal
01-28-2009, 05:32 PM
I would spray on a cleaner and agitate with a brush, then use the LGCM with hot water only to get out the cleaner and loosened dirt. After putting a black light on the carpet after cleaning and seeing how much residue is left behind, this is my preferred method. Use appropriate cleaners for various stains, and BioKleen or Resolve Traffic Lane Cleaners are good for general cleaning. They both mix only 2oz to a Gallon of water and the Resolve TLC is at Lowe`s for only $9.99 (gallon).

integrity the black light looking for residue is a great trick!!!!! good job for bringing that up!

jrose0070
01-28-2009, 06:29 PM
303 or meguiars apc+ both are really great but i would suggest the meguiars due to cost and it works the same

imported_Detailing Technology
01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Ask Grouse to chime in.