PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Who Finally Saw the Light

Moedizzle
01-26-2009, 07:39 PM
So after years of hand detailing and using the Meguiars 3-Step system, I have decided to finally invest in quality products and do the job the right way. So far this is the list of products I have purchased. Are there any products or recommendations you would add to my list? I would greatly appreciate your opinions and input.

Flex 3401 VRG

Foammaster Foam Gun

Grit Guards for my dual buckets

Meguiars Detailing Clay

Assortment Lake Country pads

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish

Menzerna Super Finish

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

Natty`s Red Paste Wax

Meguiars APC+ for carpet and Engine bay

303 Fabric Guard

Poorboy`s Natural Look Dressing

Cobra Waffle pattern Drying Towel

Micropak Microfiber towels

Holden_C04
01-26-2009, 07:43 PM
:welcome to Autopia. It looks live you`ve got the killer combo! ;)

WhiteStripes
01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Welcome!

Wish I had a Flex. Your list looks pretty dang good so far. However, glass cleaner, wheel cleaner, and maybe a few brushes for the tight spaces could be added.

Barry Theal
01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
good luck to ya welcome to a whole new world get us some shots when your done!

craigdt
01-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Looks good! However just a few thoughts:

A lot of people really dont like meguiars clay. If you`ve used it, fine. I just thought Id give you the heads up. A lot of people prefer Clay magic or Sonus to Meguiars.

The APC+ will do nicely on the wheels, imo.

And a cheap glass cleaner like Stoner if you dont already have any would be nice.

Good luck!

BigAl3
01-26-2009, 09:23 PM
get plenty of microfiber towels (for both the paint and the dirtier tasks), you can never have enough and you will go through lots of them...

btw... :welcome !

Moedizzle
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Craigdt- Thank you for the advise on the Meguirs bar. If I don`t like it while im using it, i`ll look into a clay magic.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. The products should be arriving on Friday. Hopefully the weather stays clear so that I can detail the car on this weekend.