PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Germany

rampage
10-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Hi all. I`m a retired Air Force guy living in Germany and working as a civilian for the US Army.

I recently picked up a 2005 Land Rover LR3 and it has some issues with swirls and scratches. That`s what got me into this and now I can stop. I also have a 2000 323cic convertible and a 1993 318i; both purchased new. The paint on the convertible is also swirled and the paint on the 318 is in need of some TLC.

Currently, I`m using Mother`s products and they have done a great deal to fixing a lot of the issues with all of the cars. Last week, I ordered a PC 7336 and a Sonus buffing pad kit. Still waiting for those to come in.....

As an aside, I`ve lived in Germany for 11 years and all of those products that manufacturers claim as products used on German autos....I`ve only seen one: Zymol. Take it for what it`s worth...I think some my be marketing schemes.

Anyway looking forward to sharing experiences with you folks and learning from you. Will post pics, once all cars are done up with the PC.

cheers,

Ramp

Waxxy
10-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Welcome to Detail City!!!

Hawaiianelement
10-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Aloha from hawaii Ramp , Thank you for your service to our country .

I had a 318is , red, and I loved it to death. Only problem was the clear coat was gone or thin in alot of places .When I used a wax with cleaners in it it would leave circle mark s where I applied it a little harder . It was irritating to say the least . And this was back in the day when I was a noob..I sold that car and currently have a 2002 325Ci . Titanium slvr. What a great car.

You`ll love your PC and the learning curve is minumal . You can`t hurt your finish with a Random Orbital but any paint correction takes longer and alot of pressure. I have great results with Poorboys SSR2.5 w/ my PC on the Bimmer ..Pick some up if you don`t have a cuuting compound ...

Good Luck and Welcome to DC

CharlesW
10-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Welcome to DC!

It`s been 46 years since I was in Germany, courtesy of the U.S. Army, but I`m pretty sure 220 volt electricity was the norm. Unless you have a source of 110, you may need to look into a transformer for your PC.

Charles

jaybs02
10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi Rampage, Welcome
Look forward to seeing pics of your cars when are finished

Enjoy your stay here
"J"

Beemerboy
10-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the site from Sonoma County CA ....What part of Germany are you in?....my wife`s family and parents are from there.

Boozman
10-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Welcome to Detail City :cheers:

rampage
10-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Beemerboy,

I have spent the last 8 years in and around Kaiserslautern which is in the RheinLand-Pfalz. Currently, I live in Kindsbach.

rampage
10-06-2005, 09:22 PM
I ordered some poorboys last night, can`t wait to try `em out.

GregCavi
10-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Welcome!! Can you find menzerna over there?

Greg

cwcad
10-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Welcome to the addiction.... I mean welcome to DC.

You will love Poorboy`s !! Everything that i have used from Poorboy`s has produced good results for me.

Enjoy your new PC.

Brenton
10-07-2005, 04:43 AM
I think we found someone to import us products for cheap!

Just kidding, welcome. Or welkommen if you prefer, which you may not.