PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Pages : [1] 2

Legacy
01-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Tried out the PPCL the other day and must say it left a super gloss. Never used a paint cleaner after polishing before. I usually just do a IPA or Prep Sol wipe down before waxing or sealing. PPCL left a super finish that I wanted to leave it as my LSP, but the instructions said to finish off with a wax. I then applied 1x Fuzion. Here`s the final results.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x229/rsurfer1/012-1.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x229/rsurfer1/?action=view&current=012-1.jpg)

longdx
01-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Looks nice. I never thought of using it after polishing, but the your results have changed my mind.

Legacy
01-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Looks nice. I never thought of using it after polishing, but the your results have changed my mind.

longdx, try it out, you`ll like it.:grinno::grinno:

jordanrossbell
01-25-2009, 07:45 PM
You forgot to dry your car :)

fliplyricist1
01-26-2009, 08:29 AM
very nice reflections :)

Accumulator
01-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Nice to see PCL getting some appreciation :xyxthumbs

I hear the current version is a little more gentle than the stuff I have...I used to use it all the time.

Legacy
01-26-2009, 04:30 PM
very nice reflections :)

Thank you fliplyricist1;)

steelwind101
01-26-2009, 04:39 PM
It has lots of oils in so it makes a great prep product!

Legacy
01-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Nice to see PCL getting some appreciation :xyxthumbs

I hear the current version is a little more gentle than the stuff I have...I used to use it all the time.

I don`t know if I have the new version or not. The bottle doesn`t say anything. I had some minor scratches on my trunk lid and some light water marks on my hood and the ppcl either covered them up or the white pad took them out. :waxing:

Accumulator
01-26-2009, 05:26 PM
I don`t know if I have the new version or not...

Almost certainly you do, they reformulated it a *long* time ago (only guys like me will still have any of the oder version :o ). The older stuff had more powerful citrus-based chemical cleaners, IIRC.

.. I had some minor scratches on my trunk lid and some light water marks on my hood and the ppcl either covered them up or the white pad took them out. :waxing:

It`ll be interesting to see which (removal/concealing)...probably a little of both.

Legacy
01-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Almost certainly you do, they reformulated it a *long* time ago (only guys like me will still have any of the oder version :o ). The older stuff had more powerful citrus-based chemical cleaners, IIRC.

It`ll be interesting to see which (removal/concealing)...probably a little of both.

I`m very anal about how I wash. Thanks to people like you I have learned to wash the correct way. I will keep an eye out and see if those light scratches reappear. I believe the white pad took them out. Never thought that a paint cleaner could make a difference in the gloss factor.

Accumulator
01-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Legacy99- Well, no matter *what`s* going on with the PCL, it sounds like you might`ve found a new staple for your detailing arsenal :D

I find your enthusiasm especially significant since you`d previously been doing the IPA wipe, and this is sorta the opposite approach. Just goes to show that there are all sorts of ways to get good results and that it pays to try different things from time to time.

Derek173
01-26-2009, 07:40 PM
G35c?

I hope I am right as I own the same car.

Legacy
01-26-2009, 09:05 PM
G35c?

I hope I am right as I own the same car.

Yep, it`s an 04

Bigpikle
01-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Looks very impressive - is this best applied by hand or DA?

As it sounds oily, I take it there will be issues with fussy sealants applied over it? I like the idea of it for pre-waxing but am still trying to search for a paint cleaner thats ideal for use before spray sealants etc - any other ideas?

thanks