PDA

View Full Version : Ocw=lsp ?

Fallz
01-25-2009, 11:25 AM
There is a lot of OPT talk going on . I`ve been playing more and more with ONR this winter trying different techniques of washing. Been kinda fun and get nice results.

One of my questions is why people don`t consider this as an LSP or I should say very few use it as an LSP ?? Granted I know there are alot of other things out there , some better , some worse , some just hype . It states good durability , do you fell it`s not or do you feel the shine is not up to par with other products ??

OFF TOPIC A LITTLE : What do you think gives a better look and durability Megs #21 or OCW ?? Yes I know the are apples/oranges , just wondered your thoughts.

Thank you

Mike

Dsoto87
01-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Ive used ocw as my lsp on my own car. OCW is one of the slickest and best looking waxes ive used. The only thing is, i cant attest to its durability since i just reapply it almost every wash since its so damn easy.

gtpaul
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
I agree with the above post. It takes me 5 minutes to go over the car with OCW after a wash. The look is great, slickness is good, beading is okay, sheeting is okay. If you have Optimum Instant Detailer top OCW with it for even better slickness and gloss!

imported_smprince1
01-25-2009, 11:51 AM
One of my questions is why people don`t consider this as an LSP or I should say very few use it as an LSP ?? Granted I know there are alot of other things out there , some better , some worse , some just hype . It states good durability , do you fell it`s not or do you feel the shine is not up to par with other products ??

I consider it as an LSP. :nixweiss Very nice look and decent durability, but most notably is it`s ease of use. Sometimes I also use it to remove residue after Poli-Seal and it`s great for that.

Dsoto87
01-25-2009, 12:13 PM
I think the main reason people dont consider it an lsp is due to the fact that its a spray on wax and typically in the past, spray ons have only been used as toppers or boosters. I think with the new wave of spray on wowo products though that waxes like OCW will be considered more of an lsp than a booster wax

Lumadar
01-25-2009, 01:08 PM
LSP= last step product. So yeah, a lot of people consider it, and use it as a "Last step product." However, many people prefer a more substantial product as a base, prior to reaching for the OCW.

Maybe it is that people are "old school" in their thinking, or maybe it makes sense. The stuff is basically thin as water... I personally feel a lot better having a paste or thicker liquid down first. I think it comes down to personal taste.

dervdave
01-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Use ONR as your wash and OCW will give excellent durability results

Scottwax
01-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Use ONR as your wash and OCW will give excellent durability results

Agreed. Easy way to keep your car clean and protected with about an hour time investment.

Bigpikle
01-25-2009, 03:38 PM
I have only used OCW v2 but really like it. As I am a bit OTT with my LSPs I always have some form of base under it, like OOS, and then just keep it topped up with OCW. It definitely adds a decent extra wetness to the base product IMHO and its hard to beat the ease of use, except of course with OOS :)

Fallz
01-26-2009, 12:01 AM
So maybe the base you talking about is OPS would be a good aio ? Then top with OCW ? I have a base coat of DG 105 with 2 ONR washes and 1 coat of OCW , and 425 wipe down after . It does look good .

I have played with 3 ONR type washing experiments .

Experiment 1. Since it`s winter and road salt / sand is everywhere . Here is what I did. Sometimes I am forced to go to the touchless wash ( 2 min from my house ) I have a QT spray bottle of ONR mixed up at wash strength. I sprayed down the vehicle and factory clearcoated rims in my heated garage , then drove to the touchless to see how it would do compared to the normal touchless wash when the truck is full of road salt , I mean really caked white flakes of it. So call it a "presoak" before wash. It came out much much better than the regular times.

Experiment 2. Bought a 2 gallon pump sprayer (Hudson) nice product by the way. So with my garage heated , but the truck has salt and sand/grit on it. I fill my pump sprayer with warm/hot water , rinse off all the salt flakes , sand/grit ...ect. Proceeded to do the single (2.5 gallon) bucket wash with a microfiber and grit guard . Gently did one panel at a time and dried (need better drying towels) the water was dirty , but not black as well was the microfiber towel. Come out great.

Experiment 3. I used the QT spray bottle and did spray the truck ( it was dirty but not the normal heavy salt/sand mix ) as it was "presoaking" I started on 1 panel at a time like usual BUT..... only used a bucket of warm/hot water with NO ONR in it . Also looked excellent after it was done .

All 3 times came out nice , I did not notice and marring on the vehicle and I`m sure it was a money saver and a fun experiment for me.

So I`m kinda getting a kick out of doing this . Pretty cool stuff .

What else should I buy in my next order , I have the int. leather protection (the should change it from saying leather on the bottle) I have OTS , OPS , ONR , OCW , What else id good for look and durability ?? I`ve been using the ONR as a QD , whats your thought`s on that compared to buying OID ??

I like using complete product lines for the most part , because in my empty mind I feel its a better with using all the compatible product line. ( most of the time ) .

Does anyone know what the polymer to wax blend ratio is in OCW v2 ??

Thanks for reading my ongoing babble :)

Any suggestions or thoughts welcomed .

dervdave
01-26-2009, 10:01 AM
ONR is a good Qd for a quick wipe down of overnight dust etc but for extra slickness and shine it doesn`t nor expected to come close to OID which is a top notch second to none Qd.

The diluteable concentrate is the best value and makes it a bit of a bargain buy:xyxthumbs