PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Wash w/ONR

JSFM35X
01-25-2009, 09:38 AM
I set out to ONR my car, an 08 black M35X. My car was crispy with salt. I mixed up 4 buckets, 3 with warn water and GG, on with 2 gallons of Warm Water and 2 oz of ONR.

As I began washinf using a Med Shag MF Mit I felt as though I was sanding the car. The sound was aweful. It was like 36 degrees and I saw that my hose had thawed so I pre-sprayed the car pannel by Pannel. ONR washed it and rinsed it with the hose. Got 75% done and all the water on the car began to freeze. I shut the hose and want to attempt to finish today strictly ONR. Does ONR have a component that keeps it from freezing on the car?

My car look rediculous as 75 is clean and shiney and 25% is trashed! Now what!

Are there detail gloves designed to keep your fingers warm while washing? I am thinking about picking up diving gloves or something like that. Any reccommendations.

budman3
01-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I picked up some insulated rubber gloves from Home Depot for winter washing -- they work great.

Bigpikle
01-25-2009, 10:48 AM
pre-spray with ONR wash strength and leave it a few mins on each panel before washing (in this weather 0 deg C) I do 50% of the car un advance. It doesnt seem to freeze and really softens all the muck before I get there with my mitt. If salty I am really careful to do tiny sections and rinse the sponge constantly in the rinse bucket with GG ;)

I could do with some of the diving gloves many people here talk about as my water is recycled rain water stored outside, so its 1 deg or so when I use it :(

tguil
01-25-2009, 04:08 PM
How about going to a coin-op and getting the "crispy" salt off before using the ONR?

Tom :cool:

Envious Eric
01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
^^^^ thats what I do after I get home from snowboarding

imported_DieselMDX
01-25-2009, 04:26 PM
How about going to a coin-op and getting the "crispy" salt off before using the ONR?

Tom :cool:

thats how i roll