PDA

View Full Version : sealant that slightly fills...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Envious Eric
01-19-2009, 01:29 PM
...for between polishing sessions. whats out there? I have M21, and collinit 845 for my sealants currently. I love the application and removal of both, but use 845 more now because the the removal is just so buttery smooth, and M21 can sometimes be a pain to remove.

M21 fills just a touch, but what about for black cars?

Dsoto87
01-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Are you talking about waxes or sealants? M21 is a synthetic wax I think and collonite is also a wax. If your looking for a wax with filler I read good reviews about primas line doing that

BigAl3
01-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Prima Banana Gas Test - ShowCarDetailing (http://www.noswirls.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1070&highlight=banana+gas)

Holden_C04
01-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I know KSG definitely fills. It can be a pain to work with, though. Try that?

rwisejr
01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Prima Banana Gas Test - ShowCarDetailing (http://www.noswirls.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1070&highlight=banana+gas)

+1 this stuff works and really easy to use

eyezack87
01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Banana Gloss is a great product. I use it after my maintenance washes to complete the cycle of wash + wax :2thumbs:

If you are considering going to SCD to pick it up I would contact Erik Meija first as Richard is in Taiwan at the moment working on some top secret project for us :spot

BigAl3
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Richard is in Taiwan at the moment working on some top secret project for us :spot

care to elaborate? ;)

eyezack87
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Lol, its on his site but I`ll short hand it here. Pretty much its a coating that is applied at a body shop (air brushed or something) and it acts like its own layer of clear. So a real sealant unlike the ones sold at dealers. He also told me that its similar to the glass coatings they have overseas so he is working on a version that is VOC compliant for us stateside people to obtain :)

Sounds like a very cool concept and from his pictures it looks very cool too

BigAl3
01-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Lol, its on his site but I`ll short hand it here. Pretty much its a coating that is applied at a body shop (air brushed or something) and it acts like its own layer of clear. So a real sealant unlike the ones sold at dealers. He also told me that its similar to the glass coatings they have overseas so he is working on a version that is VOC compliant for us stateside people to obtain :)

Sounds like a very cool concept and from his pictures it looks very cool too

thanks for sharing, found it on his site (it was re-arranged so i couldn`t find it right away)... SCD in Taiwan 2009 - ShowCarDetailing (http://www.noswirls.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1554)

BigJimZ28
01-19-2009, 06:03 PM

IMO KSG is the anti-filler

as when I use it over a not perfect surface it seames like it almost

magnifies the defects:think:

Holden_C04
01-19-2009, 06:08 PM
IMO KSG is the anti-filler

as when I use it over a not perfect surface it seames like it almost

magnifies the defects:think:

I`ve seen it fill...I`ve seen defects disappear after applying SG. It might not be on every surface, but it did at least once.

Accumulator
01-19-2009, 06:14 PM
toyotaguy- I`d approach it differently: I`d find a penultimate product that does some filling but doesn`t interfere with the sealant`s bonding.

I`ve only played around with it a little, but one combo I have in mind is AutoGlym`s Super Resin Polish (does a bit of filling) topped with FK1000P. They seemed to work together OK on my wife`s wheels, but that`s the only time I`ve tried it so far.

OR...since all Meg`s stuff is supposed to work together, how about one of their "pure polishes" topped with NXT (which fills IME), and maybe try topping that combo with #21. No idea if it`d work though..

Huh..that`s surprising! Like BigJimZ28, myexperience with it had been the opposite, zero filling :nixweiss

Holden_C04
01-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Huh..that`s surprising! Like BigJimZ28, myexperience with it had been the opposite, zero filling :nixweiss

The thing is, though, that every wax that protects has the potential to mask marring/swirls. Even if it doesn`t have properties specifically designed to mask them temporarily, it can still act to fill in imperfections.

That`s part of what throws the whole fillers debate into disarray...

Accumulator
01-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Holden_C04- Yeah, I agree that as you layer KSG (it`s a great example of this) enough you get a real *coating* on the finish and I suppose that would eventually result in some stuff being less noticeable :think:

I never pursued it that way so it didn`t occur to me...I do know that (only) one/two layers makes any existing marring seem more obvious to me, as in "oops, better strip it off and do the correction over".

I guess the layered KSG will end up being functionally similar to a "heavier" LSP like certain waxes, the sorts of products that are generally considered "forgiving".

It`s not like you and I have all that many differing experiences, so when we *do* seem to have one I look for an explanation, hence the preceding hypothesizing :D

Envious Eric
01-19-2009, 06:35 PM
this is for a wash and wax though, not a wash, polish, wax. If that were the case, I would poli-seal it because that does a little correcting, some filling, and sealant in one step, but takes 2-3 times as long.

I was just thinking about black cars on a routine maintanence program every 3 months. I have a few people with lighter color cars, but they dont care about swirling at all, so it wasnt an issue. They just wanted it waxed and smooth feeling.