PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate wash horror

salty
01-19-2009, 09:28 AM
I heard this story today. This girl i know bought a new Ford Ranger and wanted to wash it. So she took it to an old automatic rotating brush wash in town. Ya that`s not the horror part.

Well as the machine started she heard some loud knocking sounds. This startled her and when the windows started to smash, she hit the floor and feared for her life.

Apparently a truck went through the wash before her and had some loose tools in the box or something. The tools became entangled in the brushes and beat the crap out of her new truck.

The truck was almost totaled and it took her months to sue the car wash and get them to pay for the damage.

How was your day?

slick61
01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
... used to hear about stuff like that all the time. Back in the 70s, my mom worked for Marathon Oil & used to deal with a lot of the car wash claims... stuff like mirrors getting caught in the brushes & beating the crap out of the car all the way down the side. Good times...

noego
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
a gas station i preferred using had one of those..."free wash with fill"...that thing stripped the clear off several of the company cars i drove back in the day

BlueLibby04
01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Personally I cant believe they still have car washes that use brushes. :hm

Not sure why anyone would ever use one anyway.

YtDiamond05
01-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Personally I cant believe they still have car washes that use brushes. :hm

Not sure why anyone would ever use one anyway.

Seriously!