PDA

View Full Version : Product for Headlights/Tailights

04v8s4
01-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey ladies and gents,

Quick question about headlight/tailight correction. Is a dedicated plastic polish required for removing swirls? Could i use a light cut paint polish like 106ff or something equivalent?

Also, what is the proper dilution ratio for IPA wipedowns? Where`s the best place to get IPA in decent sized quantities?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

jayh2301
01-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Well as for the headlight/taillight correction i would lightly wet sand then follow it with a medium foam pad with a polish....GoodLUck

eyezack87
01-18-2009, 07:01 PM
For me and my PC (was :(), I used a 4in white LC pad and a bottle of IP and it worked pretty well. Did not have to sand or anything...

04v8s4
01-18-2009, 07:31 PM
The headlights/tailights are in good shape. There are light swirls that slightly reduce the clarity of the plastic. I dont think they require any sanding...but perhaps someone could recommend a good plastic polish for something like this.

Thanks,

Nick

artm3
01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
clean well with soap & water

Plexus, several passes, then some Klasse AIO, at least that`s what I use...

Lumadar
01-19-2009, 03:24 AM
It REALLY varies job by job. Sometimes something fairly gentle like PlastX or ScratchX will do the job in a single step.

Others requires 2-3 levels of wet sanding followed by M105, M86, and then PlastX for extra clarity for me.

But, bottom line is, don`t be afraid to play around with traditional polishes as many work well on plastic. I like finishing with Meguiar`s PlastX regardless because it is formulated specifically to produce especially high gloss and CLARITY on plastic. It also leaves a special protective coating.