PDA

View Full Version : Upscale detailing products Zymol & Zaino

lotus425
01-18-2009, 02:37 AM
I am new at auto detailing and am new to the autopia forum. I am currently using the Meguiar NXT 2.0 paste wax and the Mother`s Pure Carnauba paste wax for my late model silver Porsche and Mercedes. Although I get good result from the above products, I am thinking about trying out either Zaino Z2 pro show car polish or the Zymol brilliant shine paste wax. Which would fello autopians recommend for weekend warriors like myself? Would I see dramatic difference by up grading to these upscale brands?

YoMike
01-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Do a once over with Optimum Poli-Seal than follow it up with Optimum Opti-Seal. You`ll see a "dramatic difference by up grading to these upscale brands".

MBurnickas
01-18-2009, 03:12 AM
The dramatic difference will be durability. I`d give the Zaino or Klasse twins a try. There`s little difference between how good something "looks", that is in the prep work. A couple waxes do stand out a little, but lack durability. The link below shows the wet look of Zaino. To be honest, if durability isn`t a concern, just keep using what your using. I personally like putting something on my car that lasts 6 months.

Zaino detail (http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/113383-2001-z06-murdered-out-402-stroker.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2008/IMG_8033.jpg

Cleaning Fool
01-18-2009, 05:39 AM
Zaino Z2 Pro isn`t all that expensive, so I would give it the nod over Zymol. You don`t need big $$$$$$ for big shine. I like Opti-Seal as well. Put down a base coat of Z2 and then after every wash put a cooat of Opti-Seal on (5 minutes). Your car will look great all the time with minimal effort.

DM101
01-18-2009, 06:05 AM
If you want to go the wax route I`d try Fuzion. Amesome finish on a well prepped car.

blucpe
01-18-2009, 09:12 AM
while all the products mentioned are stellar products i would give finish care fk1000 hp a go for the durability and the shine, also very inexpensive.

XRL
01-18-2009, 10:09 AM
If you`re rolling in money, try that Zymol wax that is $8000 for the custom made blend for your particular car, it`s also a lifetime supply. Then let us know how it is*cough* and maybe share a sample or two*cough* :)

I have been using NXT for a while, it`s pretty good stuff for OTC. Even my dad likes the NXT 2.0. I just picked up a bottle of Surf City Garage Barrier Reef that I should be applying right now. If you`re in Florida, SCG from advance auto parts will be the best stuff you can buy OTC. But yeah, lots of stuff looks good. I`ve heard good things about Poorboy`s sealants and pastes. A lot of people like Pinnacle Souveran or Fuzion. I think durability will come into play based on where you live, what breaks down you wax there might not be what breaks it down here. For that reason, some people swear by PGP and other things like that.

Dsoto87
01-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Whats the condition of your car in respect to swirls and scratches? I never used zaino but Z2 boasts optical clarity and how it "shows off the paint underneath". So im guessing this wouldnt be a good choice if your paint needs to be polished. NXT would actually be a better choice since it actually fills slightly.

Also what exactly are you looking for in an lsp? Do you want durability or looks or a happy medium?

After you figure that out than answer this. What do you want your paint to look like? Glossy? Deep? Do you want the flake to pop? Or do you want mirror like reflections?

How often do you expect to apply it? Some waxes look great but the looks diminish quickly. But nothing will beat the looks of that initial application

You dont need to spend a lot to get a lot. There are a ton of mid priced products that perform or may even out perform their more expensive counterparts. Price does not determine quality in this hobby/profession

imported_agentf1
01-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Definitely Zaino.

I try just about every product that comes down the road and have tried some of the best nubas ever made such as Swissvax and Zymol Vintage and while I di find that a lot of these products are all very good I always end up back with Zaino and think Zaino is one of the few products that delivers the best of both worlds.

dogma
01-18-2009, 10:53 AM
:xyxthumbs
Definitely Zaino.

I try just about every product that comes down the road and have tried some of the best nubas ever made such as Swissvax and Zymol Vintage and while I di find that a lot of these products are all very good I always end up back with Zaino and think Zaino is one of the few products that delivers the best of both worlds.

I Agree:xyxthumbs

kustomsol
01-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Up front. I`m a 68 year old Zoino Zealot, but have tried many of the upscale (and other) products over the years from the old yellow can Simonize to Zymol. Currently use the Zaino line for all my cars listed below since I don`t mind washing, but am otherwise lazy and prefer to do a full detail as infrequently as possible. Other than what you`ve already read, the secret to any product`s appearance is in the preparation of the finish, and that`s where almost all the "elbow grease" is needed. After that investment of time and energy, I want a lasting protection and deep shine. For my time, energy, and bucks, Zaino`s products do the job. All of my rides listed below are garaged when not being driven, so by using Zaino`s qd`s (Z-6 and Z-8), my cars still look great and bead nicely after a year. That way I get to keep up my lawn, garden, play on the computer, sing in 2 barbershop choruses and a quartet, exercise, read, watch old movies, etc.

Try Zoino, I think you`ll like the appearance and durability.

YoMike
01-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Do a once over with Optimum Poli-Seal this will clean up the paint than follow it up with Optimum Opti-Seal. I have all the Zaino products and Klausse and use them. I like Optimum`s Poli-Seal /Opti-Seal better. If it can do this to White wait to you see what it does to Silver!

http://www.theyostore.com/jamboolahina.jpg

Cleaning Fool
01-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Do a once over with Optimum Poli-Seal this will clean up the paint than follow it up with Optimum Opti-Seal. I have all the Zaino products and Klausse and use them. I like Optimum`s Poli-Seal /Opti-Seal better. If it can do this to White wait to you see what it does to Silver!

http://www.theyostore.com/jamboolahina.jpg

That looks killer. Exaclty why I love OptiSeal, it gave my wifes white Volvo a look similar to your picture and yeah, Optiseal on white looks better than Z2, atleast to my eye.

lotus425
01-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Thank you all for the valuable information. It is not easy getting such unbiased information from professional detailers in my area. Each swear by one product and insist that they are better than the competitors. I will order the optimum opti seal from autogeek and Zaino Z2 from the company website. It is hard to not fall into Zymol`s marketing scheme. Zymol just feels so exclusive and upscale. I think I will just buy it once to try it out. The Zymol Brilliant Shine wax isn`t too expensive at $50. Hope all these new products will out perform the Meguair NXT 2.0 Paste wax. I still think the NXT is a great product. There are just so many waxes to try and so little time.