PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaner ????

Pages : [1] 2 3

fabulman
01-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I need advice on products that would compare to P21s gel wheel Cleaner. I am sure this is super product, yet I do not want to spend that kind of money at this point. What wheel cleaning products do you recomend.

Thanks

imported_DetailDan
01-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Surf City Garage Beyond Steel Wheel Cleaner is safe for all wheels. Its not a gel wheel cleaner though.

Envious Eric
01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I use megs safe D-greaser on the light stuff, megs APC+ on the heavier stuff, and wheel brightener on the nasty stuff, but only WB if I have a hose and I can pressure wash it off to ensure nothing is left over as its a strong acid cleaner

craigdt
01-16-2009, 06:08 PM
APC+ would be a good option because you can dilute it for other uses as well.

I know CG makes a gel wheel cleaner too.

imported_Amused
01-16-2009, 07:33 PM
A decent cleaner that can easily be had locally is Meguiar`s Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner (and it`s cheap, $4-5). I use it whenever I run out of P21S Gel. I tend to dilute it 50/50 for mild washing, but use it full power and allow it to soak for 5 min when tackling heavy brake dust.

wfedwar
01-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Wheel Brightener, 4:1. IMO, it doesn`t seem nearly as strong as some other things available (e.g., A2Z). Effective, though.

fabulman
01-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Thank you all for the help. If I use Dawn diluted for wheels and tires, will this be safe??

Driven Auto Detail
01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Optimum Power Clean

Optimum Power Cleanâ„¢ All Purpose Cleaner (http://autogeek.net/optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

imported_DetailDan
01-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Thank you all for the help. If I use Dawn diluted for wheels and tires, will this be safe??

If you maintain your wheels and protect them properly, all you should need is car soap and water.

wfedwar
01-17-2009, 12:35 AM
If you maintain your wheels and protect them properly, all you should need is car soap and water.

True for the face, but I`ve always needed a wheel cleaner for the inner part of the rim.

tom p.
01-17-2009, 06:37 AM
I need advice on products that would compare to P21s gel wheel Cleaner. I am sure this is super product, yet I do not want to spend that kind of money at this point. What wheel cleaning products do you recomend.

Fab, I`m a big fan of the P21S wheel cleaners. I`ve used them for years. If cost is no object, their products are still at the top of the heap. If cost is an object, and you seek similar performance, you need to get yourself a gallon of Rich Griot`s wheel cleaner. It`s very good and a far superior value.

I have not seen any product that compares directly to the P21S gel. However, I`ve heard Chem Guys has a sticky wheel cleaner that someone else suggested was very good and it has good "dwell" meaning it doesn`t run off. You won`t find this product on their website...I guess you have to call them and offer the secret handshake ;) and they`ll send it out to you.

Enjoy, and may your wheels always be spotlessly clean, bright and shiny :)

(BTW, Detailer`s Domain - - Phil - - is doing a group buy on a few P21S products right now)

fabulman
01-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Tom, thank you Tom for the information. I will call CG and also will visit Detailers Domain.

wfedwar
01-17-2009, 07:36 AM
However, I`ve heard Chem Guys has a sticky wheel cleaner that someone else suggested was very good and it has good "dwell" meaning it doesn`t run off. You won`t find this product on their website...I guess you have to call them and offer the secret handshake ;) and they`ll send it out to you.

Chemical Guys Sticky Gel Citrus Wheel Cleaner | Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemical-Guys-M31/Sticky-Gel-Citrus-Wheel-Cleaner-P262/)

Garry Dean
01-17-2009, 08:42 AM
I use Amazing Roll off or Eagle One A to Z wheel cleaner. Both of these are at good price points and work really well.

imported_DetailDan
01-17-2009, 09:39 AM
True for the face, but I`ve always needed a wheel cleaner for the inner part of the rim.

Guess it depends on your brake pads. Im assuming you applied sealant to the inner rim as well.