PDA

View Full Version : Should i get a hotsy pressure washer?

imported_MBenz
01-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Right now i have a Jordan 3000 max PSI pressure washer w/ a 13hp honda engine. The thing is fricken bullet proof and i really like it but during this winter months i have been going to the coin opp self serve and i am really starting like the warm water idea. My uncle has a Hotsy Hotsy Pressure Washers, Parts Washers, Parts & Detergents (http://www.hotsy.com/?source=google&camp=brand&gclid=CNWmlYbFj5gCFRk_awodHUCOnQ) and he really likes it.

I am trying to find ways to streamline the car care process and i think that hotsy might be part of the answer. In addition the cars i detail, i have a shop full if agg equipment that i like to keep good and clean.

I like the connivence of the hotsy. It is not as loud and you just flip a switch to start it and it is all one contained unit. No messing with hoses except for the inlet.

I wonder if the hot water wears down an lsp faster or is really not worth the extra $$ as i do have a perfectly functioning pressure washer already.

What do you guys think?

H4M4NN
01-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Recommend a Nilfisk High pressure washer, their quiet(ish), not over expensive and they come in the colour BLUE. You should check it out otherwise just buy a washing machine.

Showroom Shine
01-16-2009, 07:30 AM
I`m not sure about the hot water wearing the LSP faster,but in the winter you can`t beat the hot water for removing the salt and grim. I have a 2400 psi pressure washer and I think that is plenty for what I do. I`d think unless you are doing big rigs, RV`s, or construction equipment ,you don`t need a Hotsy. They are nice, but to detail I don`t think it`s a neccessity JMO

EBPcivicsi
01-16-2009, 08:08 AM
I have a Hotsy at the shop and it has been trouble-free. We have an electric model--1000psi/3gpm. Would buy it again in a heartbeat!

Kmolencasa
03-05-2013, 10:13 PM
I have a Landa HOT series and love it. It holds up better than my old hotsy