PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can get an extension for Dewalt?

Preachers Sheets
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I`ve seen pictures and people have this 2 inch extension for the backing plate of the Dewalt rotary. It brings the pads a few inches further away from the polisher. Does anyone know where people are getting these from?

BobD
01-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Are you thinking of the Edge adapter to be used with the Edge pads?

Jokeman
01-12-2009, 12:35 PM
ADS

Auto Detailing Buffing & Polishing Backing Plates & Pad Cleaners (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/auto-detailing-pad-cleaning.htm)

BobD
01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
ADS

Auto Detailing Buffing & Polishing Backing Plates & Pad Cleaners (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/auto-detailing-pad-cleaning.htm)

Good deal. I never seen those extensions before.

BigJimZ28
01-12-2009, 12:56 PM
sorry but why would you want this?

I would think raising the center of gravity 2" would make the buffer harder to control

Preachers Sheets
01-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Jim - One of the issues in the past I had was getting into small areas. Around mirrors and spoilers specifically. The polisher would bump into body and it was just awkward. I was thinking if I separate the pad from the polisher even an inch or two I could get more of the pad under stuff.

I don’t know if the extension will help but I figured if they are cheap enough I would try it for a few minutes. If it messed up the feel of the machine I`d just ditch it. They are only 4.50, I`m bored and unless I prove a thought wrong it will never leave my head.

Funny you say it may mess up gravity. Even the girlfriend who is such a girly girl asked me if the extension would mess up the center of gravity because the machine would be top heavy. I looked at her and asked her where that came from; she`s usually talking about making some elaborate dinner.

BigJimZ28
01-12-2009, 01:22 PM
well it sounds like you put some thought into it

I would like to know what you find out so please update this thread

and/or pm me with what you fiqure out with your "test"