PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Royale

Pages : [1] 2

danlc95
01-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone. I`m very new to this forum, but I can see that there are many experienced detailers.

For those familiar with Zymol`s product line, I was wondering why Zymol Royale has both blue, and white waxes side by side in the same container? Is one intended to be applied after the other?

CalgaryDetail
01-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone. I`m very new to this forum, but I can see that there are many experienced detailers.

For those familiar with Zymol`s product line, I was wondering why Zymol Royale has both blue, and white waxes side by side in the same container? Is one intended to be applied after the other?

I have asked zymol in the pat, they will die it any colour you want (and thayhave) so its just a way of making the tiub look nicer. The wax is exaclty the same in each side

craigdt
01-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I have wondered that myself, and read a couple places that the Royale kit comes with a tub of "maintenance" wax. Maybe thats what it is.

And if indeed it is just another tub of the same wax, the $8,000 price tag is starting to look a little more reasonable. :D

danlc95
01-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys!

ALAN81
01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
$8000 wax is that just stupid think of all the products and beer you can have for $8000

imported_DieselMDX
01-13-2009, 08:17 AM
I would want each tin half and half just to be different

danlc95
01-15-2009, 08:57 AM
$8000 wax is that just stupid think of all the products and beer you can have for $8000

You could but a good used car for that price.... I picked up my `03 Monte Carlo SS for $8,500... I`m good with Creme, and Carbon. :bigups

Vintage
01-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Welcome to Autopia!:welcome

There is one standard formula for Royale and it is white in color. Buyers who want only this formula get both cavities filled in white. When you purchase Royale, Zymol will ask for the VIN code for the car(s) you will be using it on. Zymol then makes a customer Royale "formula" for your car based on it`s color, year, paint type, etc. They get this info from your VIN code. That is why you not only see white/blue in the container, but there are other colors from time to time. It`s for different cars. Red is one example. The white works just fine for me.

I still have Vintage and it pretty much is never used anymore. I hope this reply helps.

Imatk
01-15-2009, 10:33 AM
The color of the wax is simply a dye.

Whether the formulation is different I don`t know, but the color is just that... a color, not an indication of any difference in the wax.

Vintage
01-15-2009, 10:47 AM
The color of the wax is simply a dye.

Whether the formulation is different I don`t know, but the color is just that... a color, not an indication of any difference in the wax.

Is the formulation different? I really don`t know. Maybe I`m a sucker for their marketing? All I know is that it works great for me. Great looks, very durable.

CalgaryDetail
01-15-2009, 04:08 PM

i have a feeling royal and marketed to those who dont care what it costs. 8g to some people is spare change. I agree there is lots you could buy for 8g (i have a mile long list of wines I would buy instead) but im not one of those who can drop that kinda money without feeling the hit to my wallet

danlc95
01-16-2009, 08:56 PM

There is one standard formula for Royale and it is white in color. Buyers who want only this formula get both cavities filled in white. When you purchase Royale, Zymol will ask for the VIN code for the car(s) you will be using it on. Zymol then makes a customer Royale "formula" for your car based on it`s color, year, paint type, etc. They get this info from your VIN code. That is why you not only see white/blue in the container, but there are other colors from time to time. It`s for different cars. Red is one example. The white works just fine for me.

I still have Vintage and it pretty much is never used anymore. I hope this reply helps.

Thanks for the welcome, and the info!

supershineMJ
03-12-2009, 09:25 AM

but they refill it for life. this could pay itself off if your always doing hi-end detailing.

blake_jl
03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Isn`t half of it custom made to your paint? I thought when you purchase it they want to know the vehicle make and colour and the tub is made to your own specifications.

SuperBee364
03-12-2009, 05:45 PM

It most certainly *does not* help! All you`ve done is make me want to get the Royale more and more. Geeze, thanks a lot. ;)

Man, you got the Royale... I`m so insanely jealous I can`t stand it.

I hope this thread doesn`t take a turn for the worst; it always seems like Zymol threads and Zaino threads end up with a mod stepping in or locking it...

But anyway, I`m still using and thoroughly enjoying my Vintage. I`m kinda surprised that you still have yours, though, since you stepped up to the Royale. I think it was Diane at Zymol that told me if I ever wanted to buy the Royale, all I had to do was to ship my Vintage cube back to them, then pay the difference in price between the Vintage and Royale.

I just shipped my Vintage cube back for a refill last week. I wanted to get it done before the weather started to warm up... I`m always paranoid that the wax will get melted during the shipping process. They must be pretty busy right now, they`re telling me it`s going to take three weeks to turn my cube around.

Anyway.. enough of my rambling.. grats on the Royale!:xyxthumbs