01-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Convince me I should try this product!

wfedwar
01-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Have you ever used Klasse?

imported_smprince1
01-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Convince me I should try this product!

As durable as KSG, but less finicky to use and better look.

Imatk
01-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I like the Werkstatt Prime and Prime Strong, not a huge fan of the AJ because it`s a PITA to remove.

If you`re going to get it I would suggest getting the "Trigger" version.

Also it doesn`t bead, not that beading means anything, but I likes da beads :) And it`s not as slick as a lot of other LSPs... again a subjective thing, but there it is.

But the Prime and Prime Strong are sweet!

DM101
01-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Well through the years, I have seen a lot of positive post on Werkstatt products. I would do a search and see what Autopian`s think.

Scottwax
01-09-2009, 06:36 PM
not a huge fan of the AJ because it`s a PITA to remove.

Apply with a foam hand pad, knock down any thick spots with the pad (without reapplying more product) and AJ is a piece of cake to remove. Little bit of a learning curve but once I got it down AJ was very easy to use. Trigger is a no brainer though, couldn`t be easier unless it was like Opti-Seal.

wfedwar
01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Actually, I`ve found that I can apply AJ like optiseal if I use a MF applicator, just keep spreading thinner and thinner and it just evaporates. I go back over it with Acrylic Glos just to make sure all the residue is gone, but I don`t really buff it at all.

Cleaning Fool
01-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Have you ever used Klasse?

I have used Klasse AIO but not there Sealant Glaze. Im interested in the "trigger" version. Are you saying Acrylic Jett and Klasse SG are identical?

wfedwar
01-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Are you saying Acrylic Jett and Klasse SG are identical?

Nope, but they are similar in application. I think AJ is easier, but maybe I`ve just perfected my technique... The AJT is really easy, just like a quick detailer.

Werkstat looks much better than Klasse to me because I don`t like the deep clear coat, candy-coated look. It`s wetter and not at all plasticy looking. I don`t understand the lack of beading comment above. It beads quite well for me.

Other products I suggest you consider are:

Satin Prot: Exterior trim and tires. Lasts longer than anything I`ve ever used. Too glossy on interior for my taste, though. Needs multiple applications on tires to really look its best.

Carlack Shampoo: Nothing magical, but a good cleaning, medium-priced wash. Better than DG 901 IMO.

Acrylic Glos: Solid booster spray that`s also good at cleaning up residue. Somewhere between Z6 and Z8 equivalent for Werkstat.

Prime Strong: I`ve tried Prime Acrylic, but PS is more versatile. Good enough cleaning for chrome polish and door jamb duty.

Quik Wash: Nothing magical here either, but it`s a good, cheap QD and clay lube.

I also have had good success with thier carnauba prime and carnauba glos (I paired it recently with 915). I use a lot of Werkstat products because I`ve found them to be easy to use, look great, very durable, and economical. Best customer service I`ve ever seen, too.

Cleaning Fool
01-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Nope, but they are similar in application. I think AJ is easier, but maybe I`ve just perfected my technique... The AJT is really easy, just like a quick detailer.

Werkstat looks much better than Klasse to me because I don`t like the deep clear coat, candy-coated look. It`s wetter and not at all plasticy looking. I don`t understand the lack of beading comment above. It beads quite well for me.

Other products I suggest you consider are:

Satin Prot: Exterior trim and tires. Lasts longer than anything I`ve ever used. Too glossy on interior for my taste, though. Needs multiple applications on tires to really look its best.

Carlack Shampoo: Nothing magical, but a good cleaning, medium-priced wash. Better than DG 901 IMO.

Acrylic Glos: Solid booster spray that`s also good at cleaning up residue. Somewhere between Z6 and Z8 equivalent for Werkstat.

Prime Strong: I`ve tried Prime Acrylic, but PS is more versatile. Good enough cleaning for chrome polish and door jamb duty.

Quik Wash: Nothing magical here either, but it`s a good, cheap QD and clay lube.

I also have had good success with thier carnauba prime and carnauba glos (I paired it recently with 915). I use a lot of Werkstat products because I`ve found them to be easy to use, look great, very durable, and economical. Best customer service I`ve ever seen, too.

Cool, thx for the info. Im going to order Trigger on Monday, Im getting hooked on the spray type walkaway products, plus Im getting lazy:D

imported_DieselMDX
01-09-2009, 09:42 PM
I have AJT anf think it is a BREEZE to use think AW but more protection

wfedwar
01-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Cool, thx for the info. Im going to order Trigger on Monday, Im getting hooked on the spray type walkaway products, plus Im getting lazy:D

Get one of the primes, too. If you put AJT over KAIO, it may still have that plasticy look.

dogma
01-10-2009, 07:26 AM
I have the whole Werkstatt line. Nice products , I don`t care for it on metallics and like most sealants it has a plastic look to it. AJ is definately a pia to remove AJT is a breeze but IMO doesn`t last as long. There has to be a reason why the 2 differ in removal I believe it`s the durability.

imported_smprince1
01-10-2009, 07:42 AM
I have the whole Werkstatt line. Nice products , I don`t care for it on metallics and like most sealants it has a plastic look to it. AJ is definately a pia to remove AJT is a breeze but IMO doesn`t last as long. There has to be a reason why the 2 differ in removal I believe it`s the durability.

For the best of both worlds, apply AJ thinly with a foam applicator and use AJT to assist in removal of the residue.