PDA

View Full Version : Best carpet cleaning technique and products?

Pages : [1] 2

qbmurderer13
01-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey guys im about to detail a car with some pretty rough stains in the carpeting and will be my first time doing one that needs more than just a vacuuming. I was thinking some megs apc+ with that carpet brush for the PC would be good? What other steps or products do you guys recommend to get stains out and really clean the carpeting? Thanks and sorry if this question has already been asked, didnt find anything specific in the search.

Legacy
01-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Get a gallon of Folex from Home Depot

BigJimZ28
01-08-2009, 08:17 PM
yea Folex is a great product that is cheap and can be found @ mant local stores

as for techniques there are several great threads in here:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/108836-helpful-threads-newbies.html

Optimum Auto
01-08-2009, 08:29 PM
What does a gallon of Folex run for at Home Depot??

BigJimZ28
01-08-2009, 08:36 PM
a gal is about $16

they also sella smaller spray bottle for about $5 if you want to try it first

Legacy
01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
While your there get some Zep Spot Shot carpet cleaner for tough stains.

Optimum Auto
01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Sounds like a plan.Next time im at Home Depot i will have to pick those to products up!!! Thanks Bigjim and legacy!!!

Chris

JMV777
01-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks for this advice. I am going to use this for my carpets.

imported_wagonproject
01-08-2009, 10:19 PM
A recent carpet job I did...

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/114659-1998-gmc-jimmy-trashed-interior.html

I used Folex on spots and then all the carpets sprayed down with Zep Premium Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo (I used Zep High Traffic Carpet Cleaner before but it foamed bad).

qbmurderer13
01-08-2009, 11:10 PM
So you guys would just spray the carpet down, brush, and then vacuum the residue off or wipe it off? Also what do you guys think about the carpet brushes for the PC? Is there better out there?

imported_DieselMDX
01-08-2009, 11:22 PM
that is the stuff i use folex and a pc brush

qbmurderer13
01-08-2009, 11:40 PM
A recent carpet job I did...

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/114659-1998-gmc-jimmy-trashed-interior.html

I used Folex on spots and then all the carpets sprayed down with Zep Premium Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo (I used Zep High Traffic Carpet Cleaner before but it foamed bad).

Where are you getting that product? I dont see it on the home depot site.

Cleaning Fool
01-09-2009, 08:30 AM
So you guys would just spray the carpet down, brush, and then vacuum the residue off or wipe it off? Also what do you guys think about the carpet brushes for the PC? Is there better out there?

Having owned a carpet cleaning biz for 7 years, heres my 2 cents. Spraying the carpet down, agitating it with a brush is a good start. Problem is, you need to rinse the carpet of all that dirt and Folex you just put into the carpet. A shop vac at a minimum would be necessary to do it right. If you don`t get all that residue out of the carpet, in a month it will look trashed all over again.

AeroCleanse
01-09-2009, 08:33 AM
I use Meguiars APC and a steam cleaner, then wipe with a microfiber towel. This is after a good vacuuming.

imported_wagonproject
01-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Where are you getting that product? I dont see it on the home depot site.

I just went to the store. They have a ton of cleaning related products.

And yeah after you spray the carpet down with it (don`t need to soak the carpet) you need to get the chemical out. If you don`t have an extractor or a BLGM (which is nice for a weekend warrior) I`d use a bottle of HOT water and spray the area down after the chemical has sat. Then just go over with the shop vac....