PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Gear Car Wash

Pages : [1] 2

imported_superswamper
01-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Did any of you catch the latest episode of Fifth Gear? They compared three different ways to wash your car.

This may be hard to watch for some of you.

YouTube - Fifth Gear 15x01 Car Wash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjWkB_q2lE)

blucpe
01-07-2009, 10:04 AM
and that`s why you can`t beat the two bucket method.

BobD
01-07-2009, 10:16 AM
I wonder how many morons will watch that now and say "Only tunnel car washes for me!" and argue that tunnel washes are better than hand washes. LOL

imported_Yal
01-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Damn you squeegee blade!!! :)

Optimum Auto
01-07-2009, 10:50 AM
A local detailer in my area swears by those squeegee blades :eek: kinda scary

imported_rydawg
01-07-2009, 10:56 AM
It`s too bad they were ignorant in ruining the test by using the blades on the hand wash.

A proper hand wash wins with proper techniques. If the detailer was that good, then he would have performed the hand wash himself and would have proven that a handwash wins with proper drying. He would have needed microscopes to determine the damage as it would have been in the 0`s.

imported_DetailDan
01-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Yep, I agree. He should of done a proper hand wash himself. Now people are still going to think car washes are fine. Possibly even better than hand washes.

BobD
01-07-2009, 11:09 AM
He probably wanted that to happen so people would take their cars to the tunnel wash and then have to come to him for a detail. LOL

Frito Bandito
01-07-2009, 11:28 AM
That started out pretty cool but ended up being idiotic. They don`t even bother explaining that the touchless wouldn`t have inflicted any damage if they didn`t use the brush.

imported_rydawg
01-07-2009, 11:48 AM
The funny thing is the tunnel wash that won had horrid silicon scum water spots all over it and it won.

If he was that good of a detailer then he would know that light scratches come out easier than silicon water spots. The water spots will damage the paint and windows for life if they are continued and left on.

If this was based on lazy washes, then he should have just left it alone. that would have the least amount of damage after a year.

ToadWart
01-07-2009, 02:03 PM
So, what`s that "1300£ a pot" wax that the detailer says he used?

trhland
01-07-2009, 05:37 PM
quessing swissvax devine

tnforever
01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Of course, the best way is to wash the thing yourself, or bring your own tools to the jet wash.

This is going to create such misconceptions. The water blade wouldn`t have created all those scratches if used properly. I guess you`re asking for it when the place is only 10 pounds.

I suppose what he`s saying is that for people who hate to wash their cars and are lazy (and who can blame them during winter, unless you`re using ONR) the normal car wash is the least of all evils.

BobD
01-07-2009, 08:11 PM
You know what. I think if I paid 1300 for a wax it had better protect me from a .45 caliper round let alone a car wash. LOL

MarcHarris
01-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Of course, the best way is to wash the thing yourself, or bring your own tools to the jet wash.

This is going to create such misconceptions. The water blade wouldn`t have created all those scratches if used properly. I guess you`re asking for it when the place is only 10 pounds.

I suppose what he`s saying is that for people who hate to wash their cars and are lazy (and who can blame them during winter, unless you`re using ONR) the normal car wash is the least of all evils.

lesser of the evils is right..... of course if you have a babied car with such a nice polish job / LSP protection, i`d think you wouldn`t come near any of those