PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your wash solution mixed in a bucket?

qbmurderer13
01-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Hey guys, I recently washed my car with some ONR and still had about 2 gallons left. Is it alright to just cover up the bucket and save it for next time use? Does anyone else do this on a regular basis?

BobD
01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Personally I`d just toss it and not mix as much next time. I feel that warm water works best so by the time you go to use the water next time it`ll most likely be cool. Also you have all of that dirt from a no rinse wash that I`d rather not have in the bucket next time around.

eyezack87
01-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I found that it slightly dyed my bucket blue when I left it over a couple days. Thankfully it was a 2 gallon ONR specific bucket though :)

Accumulator
01-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Hey guys, I recently washed my car with some ONR and still had about 2 gallons left. Is it alright to just cover up the bucket and save it for next time use?

Were you able to keep that remaining two gallons free from contamination or is it just "pretty clean"? Unless it`s contamination-free I`d only consider using it for something like the wheels.

I will say that I`ve reused my shampoo mix, but I`m talking *conventional* washing, not ONR, and between my foamgun technique and the way I rinse my wash media it`s not like my shampoo mix gets very contaminated.

But this time of year Danase`s thought about the warm shampoo mix makes sense too.

qbmurderer13
01-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Well temperature isnt a problem its about 80 degrees here in florida. I still used the 2 bucket method and of course the bucket with plain water was dirty and was tossed but the solution was fairly clean. Either way I threw it out, better safe than sorry.