PDA

View Full Version : EASY TO USE wheel sealant

Sherman8r44
10-02-2005, 08:27 PM
How easy to use are the PB Wheel Sealant, Wheel Wax, and DP? Is there an easier way to protect wheels, cuz I hate even drying/polishing them. I know ull all say "it makes future cleanings easier" but it`s not for my car, so I was wondering if maybe Mother`s FX Spray Wax would do an OK job on them.

GregCavi
10-02-2005, 08:29 PM
BP Wheel sealant is pretty easy to use. Just apply to all wheels wait a while then remove. YOu can use a spray wax but It wont last very long on wheels.

Greg

Sherman8r44
10-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Wow that was a quick response! How long is "not very long" for the spray wax? What kind of consistency is the PB, like paste wax?

jaybs02
10-02-2005, 09:04 PM
The key thing is that it`s a sealant, waxes break down rather quikly with the heat, and there is a lot of heat generated by your wheels

JMHO
"J"

Sherman8r44
10-02-2005, 09:13 PM
FX Spray Wax is a synthetic sealant

Sherman8r44
10-02-2005, 10:12 PM
So how long would spray wax last on rims compared to PB wheel sealant?

joyriide1113
10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
ive put one coat of pb wheel sealant and have kept it up with the spray wax. it actually makes it noticeably slicker and is easy to use. spray on the wet wheels and pass a terry or mf towel to dry. thats it.

ive also noted that the mothers fx spray wax makes my wheels flake pop more!

Sherman8r44
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
excellent--thanks

daos
10-03-2005, 12:05 AM
ive put one coat of pb wheel sealant and have kept it up with the spray wax. it actually makes it noticeably slicker and is easy to use. spray on the wet wheels and pass a terry or mf towel to dry. thats it.

ive also noted that the mothers fx spray wax makes my wheels flake pop more!

interesting. ill have to try that because the DP wheel glaze is not an easy product to work with. that stuff is kinda tough to remove.

joyriide1113
10-03-2005, 12:12 AM
yea, and it states to re-apply every week so i doubt it really last as long as wheel sealant. it does give a glossy finish tho. but i feel any sealnt will protect. as long as u qd or use a waud type product such as mothers fx spray wax the protection will go a long way.

Sherman8r44
10-04-2005, 02:00 PM
How well does Collinite #845 Insulator Wax protect on wheels? How easy is it to use?

What about OCW or DP Spray Shield on wheels??

pappy
10-04-2005, 04:33 PM
the PB wheel sealent is very easy to use. its alot softer the nattys kinda guey..you can stick ur finger right though it. smells good too. haha. the duribility is really really good. probally a month or more. havn`t really tried to time it cuz i keep putting more on.

my guess is any kind of wax will only last a couple weeks at most. and it would be about the same for any kind of carnuba wax. go with the wheel sealent. very easy to use. just wipe on let sit for a bit and wipe it off. basily no pressure needed at all.

DetailQueen
10-04-2005, 06:42 PM
interesting. ill have to try that because the DP wheel glaze is not an easy product to work with. that stuff is kinda tough to remove.
Very surprise to hear that, I use to use Wheel Wax but now I have switched to DP because I find it very easy to use and maintain. I guess everyone can have a different outcome. :donatello

Exquisite
10-05-2005, 04:05 PM
PB`s wheel sealant is extremely easy to use and a little goes a long way. I also have Wheel Wax and it is quite a bit more difficult to remove than PB`s Wheel Sealant and you use alot more. I have found on the few cars that I have tested that Wheel Wax keeps the wheels cleaner for the first week or so, but Wheel Sealant lasts way longer as far as durability is concerned.