PDA

View Full Version : website help?

Barry Theal
01-04-2009, 08:17 PM
hey guys im looking into a website! i was wondering if any of you are you using online website hosters or someone local. if your using online hosters who do you use? im looking for as much help as possible. another big thing im looking into is credit cards? anyone have online setups? like a virtual terminal? please help. im looking for as much info as possible!

kaval
01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
I would highly recommend GoDaddy for your hosting needs. I recently went through an issue with a company called BlackBox HQ where they basically abused the control they had over my domain and took my site down for 2 weeks and let the domain expire, but GoDaddy was able to help me out VERY quickly and effectively in getting the site back up and all my posted content working again. Their service on all fronts has been nothing short of excellent.

If you`re looking to get the site designed, I`d check out the guy I am currently using, Amer Nabulsi (contact (http://www.amernabulsi.com)). He`s done my logo, stickers, business cards, some photography and now my website.

As for the credit card stuff, I am not too familiar with that. Sorry!

vietgurl
01-04-2009, 11:27 PM
One fairly popular host off the top of my head is hostgator. I currently use cirtex for my sites (not related to detailing in any way) and so far, their customer service has been very good. There are a lot of good forums online where you can find more reviews and information regarding webhosting but since I`m not sure whether I can post them here or not (I`m not affiliated in any way), feel free to PM me if interested. As for accepting credit cards, the easiest way is to do this via Paypal. Paypal also has a program called Paypal Pro that allows you to accept credit cards as well as paypal. Otherwise you need a merchant account and you can use a payment gateway like authorize.net or cdgcommerce.com . You will also need an SSL certificate or no one is going to want to enter their credit card info onto your site ;)

EcoAutoCT
01-05-2009, 11:02 AM
I use HyTek Hosting, LLC (http://www.hytekhosting.com/) for a couple of sites. Zero complaints, quick setup and support responses with great prices. I think that for the service industry it`s important to look for uptime and a proven record more than storage capacity or number of included email accounts, etc. Specifically for businesses that are localized, you probably don`t need the extreme bandwidth or gigabytes of space that some places advertise and oversell.

Labster
01-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I have a friend that has a business specializing in ecommerce websites. His URL is eCommerce Website Design and Professional Web Design by OuterBox - Cleveland Ohio Ecommerce Website Development (http://www.outerboxdesign.com) Tell him you heard about it from me and he might cut you a deal.

~Jacob

89gt-stanger
01-05-2009, 07:23 PM
If I get a website from GoDaddy, will the website be "godaddy.mybusinessname.com" or "mybusinessname.com".

imported_Bullitt
01-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I would definately give godaddy a try, if not just for the hosting itself. I`ve never had a problem with down-time and the customer service is great.

Mike

Showroom Shine Mobile Detailing

Houston, Tx

kaval
01-05-2009, 07:49 PM
If I get a website from GoDaddy, will the website be "godaddy.mybusinessname.com" or "mybusinessname.com".

You can do it so that it has `mybusinessname.com`. Purchase a domain from GoDaddy or any other reseller (although I highly recommend GoDaddy for purchasing as well) and have it managed in your account under Domain Manager.

Bobby G
01-09-2009, 11:48 AM
GoDaddy gets my vote. The Autopia.org dedicated server is with GoDaddy. Great service and a good price.