PDA

View Full Version : How to get "Dog Nose" off of windows?? I need help!

Pages : [1] 2

89gt-stanger
01-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I have a black lab, blue healer, and a pit bull. I often bring them with me in the Expedition.

Its a 2004, and the front two windows have aftermarket tint on the front. Its not the cheap stuff, ($340). My dogs out their noses all over the windows, so there is always a translucent coat of what I call "dog nose" all over my windows. How do I get rid of this?? I have tried Windex Auto, Meguiars Glass concentrate, NXT glass cleaner, even glasses lens cleaner. These products do not clean it, the spread it...now its a mess.

Please help me!

Thanks Autopians!

longdx
01-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Use a mix of 1:10 alcohol 1:10 vinegar and distilled water.

Accumulator
01-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I have a black lab, blue healer, and a pit bull. I often bring them with me in the Expedition...so there is always a translucent coat of what I call "dog nose" all over my windows. How do I get rid of this?? I have tried Windex Auto, Meguiars Glass concentrate, NXT glass cleaner, even glasses lens cleaner. These products do not clean it, the spread it...

Huh, sorta surprised the window cleaners aren`t working, do you think it`s because of the tint?

I too transport dogs on a daily basis, and I just clean the windows with my regular window cleaner (usually Griot`s) when I get home. But none of my windows have aftermarket tint either and if that`s a wildcard I`d like to know about it.

Please post back if you find something that solves your problem, such as that mix longdx suggested.

08 GTI
01-02-2009, 10:53 AM
I have the perfect thing to use!!! Try the CORSA Cloth! I have a few of them and they work awesome and all you use is water!!!

I have a black lab and two kids! It seems like I`m cleaning my family room slide door everyday and this thing works great. check out the video of it too. YouTube - CORSA CLOTH- Streak FREE cleaning w/ WATER! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SZpYG5Vguw)

I use this on everything in the car and around the house!!! Once you try it, you will never use a paper towel again!

JohnKleven
01-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Try using a microfiber towel when you`re cleaning the windows. It should come off with ease. You may need to let the glass cleaner sit on it for a while longer, maybe try some foaming glass cleaner.

John

imported_Exelero
01-02-2009, 11:27 AM
just use alcohol an a mf it will come right off without damage the tint.

Accumulator
01-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Regarding all the MF suggestions- I`d be sure to use one that doesn`t lint; MF lint on windows drives me nuts.

salty
01-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Dog nose is very hard to remove after it`s been on there for awhile. Remove it ASAP.

Vew
01-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Although this has nothing to do with cleaning it off tint, if you don`t have tint and use a very sharp razor blade, you can scrape it off into a sheet. I grossed out my sister since it was her dog telling her it was a sheet of her dog`s nose snot.

I`ve always had good success with Invisible Glass on the tint with a regular MF following up with a pass with Plexus. Sometime if it`s really heavy on there, you have to let it soak before wiping it off.

wfedwar
01-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Regarding all the MF suggestions- I`d be sure to use one that doesn`t lint; MF lint on windows drives me nuts.

Yeah, tighter weaves work well, either waffle weave or one of the really tight glass cleaning cloths. Regular cloths can lint and seem to streak more.

Accumulator
01-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah, tighter weaves work well, either waffle weave or one of the really tight glass cleaning cloths. Regular cloths can lint and seem to streak more.

I dunno if I`d want to use my tight/no-nap glass MFs on aftermarket tint :think: Great on regular glass though, next best thing to Griot`s polypropylene wipes in most cases (if only because they haven`t started linting like my WWMFs for glass).

I`ve always had good success with Invisible Glass on the tint with a regular MF following up with a pass with Plexus.

Doesn`t the Plexus mess up the aftermarket tint?

blk45
01-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Doesn`t the Plexus mess up the aftermarket tint?

No, it`s actually recommended for it. It works quite well. From the description:

Use Plexus on convertible windows, bug guards, window tint films, fiberglass boats & RV`s, big screen TV`s, LCD computer screens, helmets, goggles and fairings. It will amaze you.

Accumulator
01-03-2009, 06:12 PM
blk45- OK, roger that. Heh heh, gee...I oughta read the label sometime :o Thanks for schooling me.

blk45
01-03-2009, 06:34 PM
blk45- OK, roger that. Heh heh, gee...I oughta read the label sometime :o Thanks for schooling me.

It`s nice to actually teach you something for a change! :D

89gt-stanger
01-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Okay guys. I went out and tried 91% iso-alcohol from Kroger, straight, and a 16X16 MF from ADS, and the tint came out flawless! I looked at it with all different directions of light and sun, no streaks, and no dog nose! Thanks!