PDA

View Full Version : VaporLux F5 Automatic Steam Vapor Cleaner

ssmokn
01-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi folks,

Is anyone familiar with the VaporLux F5. I`ve been looking for quite a while and I had just about made up my mind that the Desiderio was a good compromise for me.

I`m looking for a machine to use at home and for detailing of my own vehicles as well as a few family members cars (Mom and occasionally a vehicle or two for one of my sisters).

Anyway, the Desiderio seems like a good compromise for me. A decent steam cleaner, vac and limited extraction capabilities (not as good as a dedicated extractor but a nice compromise for what I want to do).

I was just about ready to order a Desiderio and I came across the VaporLux F5 Automatic. To me it looks like a rebranded continuous fill Deiderio. I just found this VaporLux today and since most companies are closed for the holiday I haven`t called yet.

Is anyone familiar with this unit? Anyone have one? Is it a rebranded Desiderio? Any info. would be helpful. Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

imported_Exelero
01-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I have not used it but it looks as what you said a copy.i would go for a different steamer an use a vac. not steamer an vac as one unit.

ssmokn
01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
I contacted the company today. The informed me that the F5 Vaporlux a Desiderio that is made for Vaporlux exclusively. The F5 is the same unit (boiler etc) with the following two exceptions 1) it is continuous fill (Desiderio has both continuous and non-continuous fill) and 2) it does not have chemical injection capabilities (you would need to spray any desired chemicals from a spray bottle).

Vaporlux stocks the units as well as all parts and accessories. They also offer in house service should the need arise.

I purchased one so I guess I`ll see how it works out...

Setec Astronomy
01-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Wow, that`s a lotta bucks for something to only use occassionally. The thing that would bother me is that although they say it runs on 115 they don`t say what the wattage is. Usually devices like this draw a lot of current, and you might need a dedicated circuit for it to keep from tripping breakers. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

SuperBee364
01-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Running anything at all on the same circuit as my off-brand steamer pops the breaker almost immediately, which really makes it hard to use my vac and steamer at the same time. Having two outlets close together but on separate circuits really comes in handy when using a steamer.

ssmokn
01-05-2009, 11:49 AM
My garage is all 20AMP and I have several circuits so no issue there.

In the house everything is 15AMP but I can easily upgrade to 20 anywhere I might want to as I wired the entire house with 12 gauge wire minimum (I didn`t use any 14).

It is a lot of bucks but I`m a clean FREAK so it will get more than occasional use :)

SuperBee364
01-05-2009, 12:03 PM
My garage is all 20AMP and I have several circuits so no issue there.

In the house everything is 15AMP but I can easily upgrade to 20 anywhere I might want to as I wired the entire house with 12 gauge wire minimum (I didn`t use any 14) .

It is a lot of bucks but I`m a clean FREAK so it will get more than occasional use :)

You are my hero, man. The next house I build will have exactly the same wiring, and there won`t be a 15 amp circuit breaker to be found, anywhere.

Unfortunately, my current house was an existing home when we purchased it. And of course the way everything is arranged, it would be a complete PITA to try and upgrade wiring or add circuits. I have *two* 15 amp circuits on 14 gauge wire in my garage. :rolleyes: WTH were they thinking, I was gonna run a blow dryer on one, and a curling iron on the other??? This is a *garage* fer cryin` out loud!