PDA

View Full Version : CG E-Z Creme Glaze Abrasive?

Dsoto87
01-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I just ordered some of this stuff since I was on the CG website and just figured Id throw it in to try some out. I see it got some pretty good reviews. I read somewhere though that it has very mild abrasives in it. Does anyone have any experience with this? The CG website doesnt mention anything about it. The site specifically says:

"not a polish or wax. It is strictly a shine-enhancing agent that will produce a dramatic wet look on your paint. "

This is the new formulation. I dont know if the old one mentioned this also. So is it more like DWG where it can be layered or will the abrasives/cleaners strip any previous layers?

Are the abrasives enough to be used as a final polish, or are they even more mild than this?

steelwind101
01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Hello

Ok, the old verison of CG EZ G had mild cleaners. The new version doesnt and is per no different to DWG.

As for abrasives, there were never any in the first version as far as i know none in the second.

Its a minimal filling layer of arcylic bound gloss enhancers.

Geoff

Dsoto87
01-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for clarifying that geoff. So do you have any experience with this version compared to DWG. Is there any benefit to either or are they pretty comparable?

While I`m at it. Since there are no cleaners, than it can be layered correct? And if so, what`s the cure time between layers?

blk45
01-01-2009, 10:15 PM
While I`m at it. Since there are no cleaners, than it can be layered correct? And if so, what`s the cure time between layers?

If it is like DWG, then yes it can be layered. About 30 mins.

Dsoto87
01-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Can anyone else weigh in on this product?

mblgjr
01-07-2009, 11:53 PM
I`ve tried the older formula; I didn`t feel like it was abrasive in any way.

Kind of like an acrylic glaze; I really only liked it on head/tail lamp lenses.

steelwind101
01-08-2009, 12:41 PM
hello

If you have the new bottle with NO CLEANERS then yes you can layer it, its best layed between other products for example:

polished paintwork then:

CG EZ-G

Optiseal

CG EZ-G

Optiseal

CG EZ-G

Optiseal

In my eyes it gives the best looks that way.

Geoff

Dsoto87
01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I just got my bottle and it says it has light cleaners and removes very fine scratches... I`m a little diasapointed. The description doesny say anything about that. I thought it would be purely an acrylic glaze. Where do you find the non cleaner version? I ordered mine directly from the CG website

imported_DieselMDX
01-08-2009, 11:29 PM
hmmm I have the same thing but bought mine before the new stuff came out

steelwind101
01-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Thats bad news, just clarify, it still doesnt have anything to remove defects, its just the kinda BS that CG`s post all over there products. It has tiny filling power though.

Im not knocking the acutal products CG`s make but i have a lot of there gear and my first run bottle of CG EZ GLAZE says it does and doesnt have cleaners! They couldent label if there life depended on it and im suprised there allowed to export to countries like the UK.

It does sound like you got an early bottle, not the newer stuff. Just send it back, im sure they will be happy to refund or replace.

I think the product you are looking for is a rebranded such as Danase Wet Glaze that is cleaner free. But there are plenty of relabels of this product.

Geoff

Dsoto87
01-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Yea I wanted something like DWG and since I saw that CG had a special on some MFs i thought Id throw it in. Browsing their site and reading the descriptions of some of the stuff confuses the hell out of me. You would think a company like theirs could atleast use the spellcheck button. Thats besides all the syntax and grammatical erros ive seen right on their labels.

Anyways, right on the bottle it actually says "born 1/6/09" so it cant be an older run.

The main reason I wanted to know if theres cleaners is for the layering effect. I know with DWG it can be used above below etc etc. If theres cleaners that would just negate the layering effect

I actually dont mind the filling abilities since I dont have a garage queen and its not like my car will be 100% anyways so thats actually a plus.

I guess the best way to find out is to call them. Looks like im going to have to put in an order with danase pretty soon. They have some pretty decent deals in the clearance section

steelwind101
01-09-2009, 01:12 PM
That does seem like the new product should be in the bottle.

imported_DJ Mayo
01-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Yea I wanted something like DWG and since I saw that CG had a special on some MFs i thought Id throw it in. Browsing their site and reading the descriptions of some of the stuff confuses the hell out of me. You would think a company like theirs could atleast use the spellcheck button. Thats besides all the syntax and grammatical erros ive seen right on their labels.

Anyways, right on the bottle it actually says "born 1/6/09" so it cant be an older run.

The main reason I wanted to know if theres cleaners is for the layering effect. I know with DWG it can be used above below etc etc. If theres cleaners that would just negate the layering effect

I actually dont mind the filling abilities since I dont have a garage queen and its not like my car will be 100% anyways so thats actually a plus.

I guess the best way to find out is to call them. Looks like im going to have to put in an order with danase pretty soon. They have some pretty decent deals in the clearance section

Just use it, don`t worry about the cleaners or what not. I use this step after polishing. It helps remove some oils, and cleans the paint really well before I add protection. In my experience it will remove very very light scratches but then again, I sometimes apply with an orange pad on PC and really work it into the paint. 2 little dots can do a big area. Use the product really lightly and work it in until its pretty much gone. If it takes anymore than a min or two to work in, your using too much product. I have used DWG and I would say these products are pretty much identical. BOTH great products so you cant go wrong.

Cleaning Fool
01-09-2009, 03:44 PM
EZ Creme is one of my favorite products I`ve recently purchased. Looks phenominal on single stage paint. Agree with Got Leather

Dsoto87
01-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I wanted to layer it inbetween some AJT but 1 layyer will suffice