PDA

View Full Version : Total newbie with ONR, DWG and polish questions

x1dxb
12-30-2008, 01:37 AM
This forum has been incredible, I`ve been reading so much about everything that it`s making my head spin!

I`m about to buy my first products, ever. I have zero experience with exterior car care, but I`ve decided to go ahead and buy UPGP and DWG, as my understanding is that this is a fantasic combination to bring out the beauty in a car (once it`s been prepped. I plan on giving it out for polishing, as I don`t have the time nor the experience to do something like that). But I was wondering how hard is it to apply DWG by hand, and to buff it out?

Other products I`ll be getting is ONR, chenille mitts, various MF towels and applicators, FK425, a duster, glass cleaner, MF cleaner/rejuvernator, MF sponge, and Grit Guard.

I drive a black Range Rover Sport and live in a sandy area (Dubai), and I notice the aerodynamics of the car make the sand build up on the back window and back gate. Would this be safe to ONR without marring, or should I spray it down/pre-soak first?

Also, there are two places here that I would trust my car for polishing. One uses Waxoyl for polishing, I believe, and the other Megs. I asked what the latter uses for the polish, and it`s basically the process of clay, #85, #20, the yellow wax (forgot number) and something else. Is that too harsh for a two month old vehicle? Anyone know anything about Waxoyl?

Lastly, anything I`m missing from my order? Shipping is going to be expensive, so I`m hoping I get what I need my first time around!

Thanks a LOT! I`ll make sure to post before/after pics as well.