PDA

View Full Version : JetSeal 109???

08 GTI
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Hello all! New to the site and have a few questions.:wavey

So, a week ago, I got my new Flex polisher and needed to get my GTI cleaned up. I washed and clay bared the paint...since the car is less that a year old, the paint is pretty good. I had started getting a few little spots on the sides from the winter crap here, but nothing major.

So I used the new Flex on it with my 106FF and then toped it off with some Chemical Guys SetJeal 109. When I was done, the car looked great and felt awesome.

Today...just two weeks later and this is the second wash since it detailed it, not sure that I have anything left on the car???

I will say that the car looks good, but the paint just does not feel as smooth as I expected.

Has anyone else tried the JetSeal 109?? How long it seem to last for you? I even put two coats on it and followed their recommendations.

I think I will be stripping this all off and going back to Zanio???

GranPrix
12-29-2008, 09:20 PM
I know FMINUS likes it a lot and it does look really good but I`ve never tried it. I want to though.

Mobilejay
12-29-2008, 10:01 PM
just throw a quick application of OS(Opti Seal) and you should be fine. I`ve never used it(Jet Seal) but I use Poli Seal and apply OS to it and it looks great and last quite a while, but if you are going to top it with something else then theres a new thread and there are plenty of those.

Oh, welcome.

By the way, the reason I said OS is because its very simple, and extremely quick to apply.

MarcHarris
12-29-2008, 10:04 PM
i love jetseal. people have said it doesn`t last long, but i don`t know their expectations. there are going to be a few issues u need to properly address b4 figuring out if jetseal is not for you:

how did u apply it? did you put it on as a nice even coat fully allowing it to cure on the paint before buffing it off? i personally like to let it sit overnight b4 removing it (tho this may be a little much). additionally, just as it says in the directions (and with all sealants really...) you should apply two layers of the product to allow for proper cross-linking. additionally, did you put any `nuba on top of it, or did you just go with a sealant? i`ve done a few customers with a jetseal109+lusso oro combo and have had great results, and pretty goo durability.

also take into consideration i don`t think anything will feel as smooth as it did right after application. that alone is a reason why i`ve waxed my baby at least once a month - not because the carnaubas i use can`t hold up that long (Supernatural/lusso oro/ or souveran)

wannafbody
12-30-2008, 08:19 AM
I`ve seen pictures where the original version of OCW outlasted Jetseal. And many claimed the original version of OCW didn`t last very long. Personally, I`d wash and top with CS or Z2pro.

Thomas Dekany
12-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Your issue was 106 - the oils that remained on the paint prevented the 109 from bonding porperly.

08 GTI
12-31-2008, 08:15 AM
So...you think the 160FF was the problem??? What should I use to wipe this off before I put the Jetseal 109 on?

I may re-do the car this weekend and don`t want to go through all this work and have it not adhere properly.

blk45
12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
What should I use to wipe this off before I put the Jetseal 109 on?

It`s always a good idea to do a Prep sol/Prep-all or IPA wipe down before applying a sealant. You need the surface to be completely clean (no left over polishing oils) so that the sealant will bond properly. I recommend doing it before any LSP. Another benefit of doing a wipe down is that you get an accurate assessment of your work. It will make sure that you don`t have any filling from the polishes that you used.

Thomas Dekany
12-31-2008, 04:37 PM
It`s always a good idea to do a Prep sol/Prep-all or IPA wipe down before applying a sealant. You need the surface to be completely clean (no left over polishing oils) so that the sealant will bond properly. I recommend doing it before any LSP. Another benefit of doing a wipe down is that you get an accurate assessment of your work. It will make sure that you don`t have any filling from the polishes that you used.

+1 or at least use an AIO product. I like Zaio or Poli Seal.

CalgaryDetail
12-31-2008, 05:49 PM
I have used jetseal 109, i cant remember the durability, it was good. Nothing to complain about. However I have also used CG M sealent, it is some awesome stuff, i personaly found it lasted longer, looked better and smells great..ohh and to boot its way cheaper then jet seal.. i would recomend picking up a 16oz bottle and giving it a shot....

sorry this post is alittle off topic but if you can find a better product for cheaper then hy not

just my 2 cents of course