PDA

View Full Version : Overheard conversation at Target today...

Holden_C04
12-29-2008, 01:23 AM
So, I`m in looking at the Target detailing section. In walks a couple and the woman in her mid-late 20`s picks up a bottle of Eagle One tire dressing and asks...

"Do I put this on the rim or on the tire?"

Followed by...

"I don`t want to buy it if it`s a lot of work...[reading the directions] Apply to one wheel at a time. Sounds like a lot of work. What about that foam stuff?"

:grinno:

SoCalB6
12-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Can`t you use that foam stuff on the entire car? Just spray on and walk away, should be easy enough.:bigups

Bigpikle
12-29-2008, 03:35 AM
...the reason the OTC products are what they are... They are trying to appeal to this type of consumer ;)

Garry Dean
12-29-2008, 07:54 AM
I hear that kind of stuff all of the time when I`m on the detailing isle whether its at, Target, Wal Mart or Autozone. Thats when I just reach for a business card and say just let me do it for you, Generally works like a charm. They really see the value in my services when they see that not only will they have to give up the time to do it, but also all the money it takes to buy all of the products to get the job done.

bwalker25
12-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Thats when I just reach for a business card and say just let me do it for you, Generally works like a charm. They really see the value in my services when they see that not only will they have to give up the time to do it, but also all the money it takes to buy all of the products to get the job done.

thats a great idea....:clap:

RDAutosport
12-29-2008, 11:41 AM
I hear that kind of stuff all of the time when I`m on the detailing isle ....

A detailing isle? Is that where autopians go to vacation?

:laugh:

Regards,

Rich

Barry Theal
12-29-2008, 05:54 PM
seriously premium great idea maybe i should hang out at these stores and look for customers! never thought of that! so simple !

imported_Luster
12-29-2008, 06:01 PM
seriously premium great idea maybe i should hang out at these stores and look for customers! never thought of that! so simple !

Not a bad idea if you don`t mind cleaning TRASHED mini-vans and Suburbans... (old fries, taco bell wrappers, etc.)

Haha......:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Garry Dean
12-29-2008, 07:13 PM
LOL, poking fun at me I see.

I will admit it has happened to me a couple of times when I`ve been browsing the detailing section in a store, but my point was that if you do overhear a conversation, why not offer your services?