PDA

View Full Version : 07 Black VW Jetta - Product help

dmxsoulja3
12-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey guys,

Just picked this beast up a month or two ago, pretty sure either the dealer or previous owner thought a stiff brush was a good washing tool, has pretty heavy swirling and more so swirling it has like long brush stroke marks.

I need to make an order anyways for some pads, as far as polishes go I have XMT 2 and XMT 3 on hand, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on anything else I might buy with better/easier results. Is it better to step up the product on a lighter pad vs. a heavier pad, lighter product? I`m new to this much damage and don`t expect 100% perfection, but I`d like to make a dent in it and not make 4 passes over the whole car or risk making it worst.

I was thinking Menzerna?

Let me know,

J

qbmurderer13
12-26-2008, 12:08 AM
I assume you already have a rotary? For maximum correction you should go with meguiars M105 on a PFW then follow with menzera SIP and 106fa/85rd.

Joel_MD
12-26-2008, 04:09 AM
I agree, try M105 on a PFW pad followed by 106FA on a white pad. You will be impressed!

dmxsoulja3
12-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Negative on the rotary.

gigondaz
12-26-2008, 07:55 AM
I do lots of new black Jettas, Pasaats and Golf GTIi with loads of dealer-created deep swirls.

I agree with Joel MD.

1. Megs 105 with Megs doublesided wool pad on Rotary.

2. Menzerna 106 with Megs Yellow Pad on Flex XC Dual Action.

Optional:

3. For even better results, follow up with Menzerna 85 RD (Megs Finishing Pad and DA).

4. On my customer`s car, I`ll next apply Autoglym EGP for that extra bit of wet-look, buff off, cure 12hrs.

5. Then, apply any pure synthetic wax that lasts a long time, such as Collinite.

dmxsoulja3
12-26-2008, 08:05 AM
I don`t have a Rotary guys :(

gigondaz
12-26-2008, 08:15 AM
I don`t have a Rotary guys :(

Assuming you hv only a DA, then try Menzerna IP + Megs Maroon foam pad at speed 4-5. Keep working at it slowly, wipe with alcohol and check progress.

It might be slow work, but given lots of time, this might reduce lots of the swirls.

In the first place, are those swirls, or holograms.

If holos, then one blast of IP or FF will normally take care of them.

dmxsoulja3
12-26-2008, 08:22 AM
def swirls, but they aren`t small they are like long and sweeping, not even circular more like have circular, think of how you would use a brush on the side of a car you would kinda swoop top to bottom to top on a stroke...looks like that...pains me a little bit seeing what this ole girl has went through lol! I`ve never used Megs pads, what does the maroon relate to from LC? Thanks for everyones suggestions. I`m using the PC, thinking about maybe getting the Flex DA as it looks a good bit more powerful, and your right I`m not on a time crunch, so if I just do the hood and roof one weekend, and work on the body panels over a few weekends I can get it nice, I dont expect 100% turn around just not so embarrassingly jacked up.

DetailsByDennis
12-26-2008, 10:08 AM
With the PC this would be my plan of attack!

-Menzerna SIP w/orange ccs (correction)

-Menzerna 106FF/85rd w/white or blue ccs ccs (finishing/jeweling)

-Polish until you are happy!

-Rewash to remove oils!

Apply wax or sealant and sit back and smile :)

dmxsoulja3
12-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah Menzerna keeps coming up, I think i`m going to have to grab some, it also seems to work well with the Flex DA if I decide to go to that. does the SIP haze alot with orange? I tried Opti compound one time on a black car and it hazed really bad and scared me, I guess I need to man up and realize I can fix these sorts of things. Worst case I`ll have to visit my parents in SC and have you clean it up for me and learn me a few things Martin :)

gigondaz
12-27-2008, 05:26 AM
Yeah Menzerna keeps coming up, I think i`m going to have to grab some, it also seems to work well with the Flex DA if I decide to go to that. does the SIP haze alot with orange? I tried Opti compound one time on a black car and it hazed really bad and scared me, I guess I need to man up and realize I can fix these sorts of things. Worst case I`ll have to visit my parents in SC and have you clean it up for me and learn me a few things Martin :)

Personally, with Menz SIP and 106, my Flex will be on speed4-5, and I`ll work it in nicely and take my time. Wipe with damp cloth, and re-buff with dry microfiber. no problems for me.