PDA

View Full Version : Do people still use Vanilla Moose?

Bigpikle
12-25-2008, 03:43 PM
I have VM, RMG, YMW & CMW but TBH, have only used either the Pink Moose mix or RMG alone - and had GREAT results with both.

I have read loads of old posts here about how great Vanilla Moose `was` but I`m wondering if people still use it and love it? Just thinking ahead to the spring when it will be time for a good clean up and a decent light abrasive cleaner like VM, with a black 3m pad on my rotary, sounds like a great way to clean up for the spring wax, given the pretty swirl free state of my cars.

Does it still cut it?

Spilchy
12-25-2008, 04:14 PM
You`ll probably catch me in those old posts. I love it and use it every detail. I`m strictly a carnauba LSP guy so VM and RMG are always under my wax after a good polishing. What makes it so great is the complete ease of application and removal. Plus it can be used on every single surface type without issue. I like its cleaning ability and look left behind. There is no other equivalent; very unique product.

akimel
12-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Could someone explain to me precisely what kind of product Vanilla Moose is? Is it a nonabrasive "pure polish" like Megs` #7? Is it a very mild cleaning polish? TIA.

DetailsByDennis
12-25-2008, 05:10 PM
It is a glaze. It contains light micro abrasives. It is petroleum-based IIRC.

Works great on metallics, I have had great success with (Gray) colored vehicles! Space Gray Metallic, Sparkling Graphite Metallic, Graphite Gray brings a nice amount of flake out!

wannafbody
12-25-2008, 07:27 PM
oils are old school-most have moved on to danase glaze which is acrylic based.

imported_themightytimmah
12-25-2008, 08:52 PM
VM has been neglected lately, as many in the consumer market are going with sealants (will not bond to VM) and the big thing in the pros now is 100% filler-free correction.

It`s still a fine product, great for that winter cleanup and great for clients who don`t want to spring $500+ on a full multi-step polishing.

Scottwax
12-25-2008, 09:01 PM
I still use it a lot under carnaubas, although I usually have it mixed with RMG.

Greg Nichols
12-25-2008, 10:01 PM
^^^

Yea scott I have seen that you do this, will you tell us why you like to create "Strawberry" moose?

Bigpikle
12-26-2008, 02:38 AM
thanks guys

last year I was pretty much a sealant guy so didnt pull out my CK stuff very often. I tried a 50/50 pink moose a couple of times with great success.

I have a grey metallic Saab (Steel grey) so will have to give it a try next year, along with some new nuba`s I`m keen to try :D

DetailsByDennis
12-26-2008, 09:56 AM
thanks guys

last year I was pretty much a sealant guy so didnt pull out my CK stuff very often. I tried a 50/50 pink moose a couple of times with great success.

I have a grey metallic Saab (Steel grey) so will have to give it a try next year, along with some new nuba`s I`m keen to try :D

Try it and put FK1000 over it! It looks killer on Silvers-Greys!

Scottwax
12-26-2008, 10:22 AM
^^^

Yea scott I have seen that you do this, will you tell us why you like to create "Strawberry" moose?

Combines the light cut of VM with the incredible wetness of RMG into one step.

mixxer
12-26-2008, 10:47 AM
i use it when i do full detail on my black cobra , VMG ,EX then topped with natty blue.