PDA

View Full Version : Publicising Eco Friendly?

Bigpikle
12-23-2008, 04:10 AM
Just adding some info to my website regarding eco friendly techniques, and was wondering how people publicised this aspect of their business?

I want to put in a write up of what it really means, so am wondering how you describe what it is and why, and the benefits etc from your customers point of view. I am also wondering how I make sure I dont make claims about products etc that might turn out to be untrue.

Any tips on how we do this? I`m conscious linking to everyones websites etc might get us in trouble with the mods, but I`d love to find out more about how you present this aspect of your business.

thanks

Damon

Relaited
12-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Damon,

I have spent the last couple years getting a bunch of free PR. I do a lot of Charity Car Washes, many are at City Hall. I get in the newspaper and on their City TV.

Claim what the products claim from a reputable supplier, should be OK.

I have found that the biggest fans of your going green will be Cities, Property Owners / Managers, Home Owners Associations, etc. The customers really don`t care as much. But, in a birds of a feather flock together, we have had some traction from Green & Eco groups, go and do a demo at their meeting, etc.

Good Luck,

jim