PDA

View Full Version : Lake country CCS pads?

Pages : [1] 2

maxi
12-20-2008, 02:39 AM
Hello all members

Lake country CCS pads anygood?

and which one is better Meg w-8006 yellow or lake country orange light cut?

:welcome

gonz0
12-20-2008, 11:03 AM
I can`t speak from personal experience, but I can offer up what I have read in trying to make up my own mind about this matter. The Lake Country CCS pads are very popular here, just the same as the 3M/Meg`s/Lake Country normal pads are.

The popular choices I`ve seen are listed below based on the purposes I`ve discerned about them.

Purple foam wool, for heavy cut/compunding

Orange, light compounding/med-heavy polishing

White, medium to light polishing

Green, light polishing

Blue/Black/Red, finishing pads from light to lightest.

I`m planning on having a couple of each, it seems that yellow isn`t really necessary to a good number of people and the orange will do most of what they need. The PFW will take care of anything heavier that the orange doesn`t. This is just what I`ve understood from searching around here and seeing what people use in the click n brag section, I`m still anxious for after Christmas when I can get my Flex and start experiencing them fro myself.

imported_DetailDan
12-20-2008, 11:19 AM
I dont like the orange CCS pad, but I use the white, blue, black, and red pads.

Alfisti
12-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I dont like the orange CCS pad, but I use the white, blue, black, and red pads.

Why is that?

I have a couple but have yet to try them. They seen overly firm to me.

porta
12-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I love the orange pad, give a nice cut but finishes off nice with a good polish. It will be softer when using it. I start to soak the pad with water, then rinse it out and then spin it on the rotary before polishing. The pad will be softer and you are using less polish.

The green pad is also more abrasive then the white one.

Orange, green and black is the LC pad I am using most.

Alfisti
12-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback porta. :up

Keep `em coming!

maxi
12-20-2008, 04:18 PM
guys , yestarsay i was order LC 5.5 orange 2 , white 1 , 1 grey

also irecived my new swissvax kit and now

what do you think is best LC pad can use with swissvax medium CF?

note: swissvax meduim CF = menzerna final finsh .

maxi
12-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I love the orange pad, give a nice cut but finishes off nice with a good polish. It will be softer when using it. I start to soak the pad with water, then rinse it out and then spin it on the rotary before polishing. The pad will be softer and you are using less polish.

The green pad is also more abrasive then the white one.

Orange, green and black is the LC pad I am using most.

Thank you porta but i think white is more abrasive than green pad , you can check this link comp chart Lake Country DA Foam Pads Comparison Chart (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-foam-pads.html)

imported_DetailDan
12-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Why is that?

I have a couple but have yet to try them. They seen overly firm to me.

Its too firm for me. I prefer the Megs so1o yellow pad.

Thank you porta but i think white is more abrasive than green pad , you can check this link comp chart Lake Country DA Foam Pads Comparison Chart (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-foam-pads.html)

There are two different CCS green pads.

maxi
12-20-2008, 04:37 PM
I can`t speak from personal experience, but I can offer up what I have read in trying to make up my own mind about this matter. The Lake Country CCS pads are very popular here, just the same as the 3M/Meg`s/Lake Country normal pads are.

The popular choices I`ve seen are listed below based on the purposes I`ve discerned about them.

Green, light polishing

Thank you nice information .

i saw orange light cut very popular !

imported_DetailDan
12-20-2008, 04:38 PM

Green, light polishing

The black pad has more cut then the blue pad. Its black/ blue/ red.

porta
12-20-2008, 04:44 PM

I am talking about the CSS pads, and autogeek have a different foam on their green pad. The green CSS is more abrasive then the white one. The green foam cuts better but finishes off as nice as the white one. I am using the green with Menzerna PO85DR3.02 "SIP" and PO106FF/FA.

Lake Country Mfg., Inc.- Products - CCS Foam Pads (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/ccsfoampads.html)

There are two different CCS green pads.

I know :)

loudog2
12-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I am talking about the CSS pads, and autogeek have a different foam on their green pad. The green CSS is more abrasive then the white one. The green foam cuts better but finishes off as nice as the white one. I am using the green with Menzerna PO85DR3.02 "SIP" and PO106FF/FA.

Lake Country Mfg., Inc.- Products - CCS Foam Pads (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/ccsfoampads.html)

I know :)

The autogeek ones are CCS also. Autogeek`s are espeacially made for them to be inbetween the gray and white. The regular non-Autogeek pads are in-between the orange and white.

maxi
12-21-2008, 02:12 AM
guys , now ihave orange/white/black CCS pads and swissvax meduim CF = menz PO85D, which pad is better to remove light swirl such as car wash haze etc.

ithink to apply swissvax meduim CF with orang CCS one or two passes

after that iwill use swissvax medium CF with white CCS .

swissvax pre wax by hand or with black CCS then wax the car with SW BOS.

SORRY MY ENGLISH NOT SO GOOD!!

porta
12-21-2008, 02:20 AM
The autogeek ones are CCS also. Autogeek`s are espeacially made for them to be inbetween the gray and white. The regular non-Autogeek pads are in-between the orange and white.

"autogeek have a different foam on their green pad"

I should maybee have said that their pads are also CSS and made by LC.

guys , now ihave orange/white/black CCS pads and swissvax meduim CF = menz PO85D, which pad is better to remove light swirl such as car wash haze etc.

ithink to apply swissvax meduim CF with orang CCS one or two passes

after that iwill use swissvax medium CF with white CCS .

swissvax pre wax by hand or with black CCS then wax the car with SW BOS.

SORRY MY ENGLISH NOT SO GOOD!!

Your english is not worse and or better then mine, donĂ‚´t excuse your self - after all we are not talking english as our first language :)

I would start with CF and white pad, it that is not enough I would try the orange pad and finish off with the white.

Swisswax cleaner fluids is not made by Menzerna.