PDA

View Full Version : Just Got XMT 180: Unsure of Whether I Got A Bad Container

azenthusiast
12-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I just received a shipment of XMT 180 from a major retailer that I have been very happy with thus far. However, as I have never worked with carnuba before, I`m not sure if it is in good condition or not. Is it supposed to be waxy/solid in the container? I already know it is an entirely different type of wax, I`m just concerned it may have frozen or something during shipment.

imported_bigfoot
12-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Can you take a picture and show it here? That way we can tell you for sure.

azenthusiast
12-18-2008, 10:36 PM
I`m not a pro photographer, but hopefully this will suffice. It seems like it could be a decent consistency, but just unsure and don`t want my first experience with carnuba to be using a flawed product. Thanks in advance, by the way. I`m not sure why it wont show the picture, so heres a link.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: p1000868vm1.jpg (http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1000868vm1.jpg)

TGates
12-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Hmmmm it`s hard to tell by the picture. Mine is purple in color and it is a harder consistency than most others I have used. It doesn`t have the buttery texture of the other Pinnacles.

azenthusiast
12-20-2008, 12:52 AM
I tried two different cameras to get the best picture I could since neither is exactly SLR quality and I`m not familiar with all the settings, but the more I`ve looked at it, the more I think it should be fine. I think once it warms up, it should be fine since it seems workable. I just wanted to make sure first, since I have never had it and it is an entirely new realm for me.

Alfisti
12-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Some carnaubas are soft paste, some hard paste. This looks like a hard paste wax and it looks fine. Try it and see how it performs. Enjoy!