PDA

View Full Version : Einszett Cockpit Classic

Samhain
12-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello!

Have a question to DavidB!

1Z Cockpit Classic is no longer available in the States. It was a solvent based cleaner/protectant. I really like it, but there were a few reported issues.

As a european user, i can get this product. So i wonder what kind of issues have been reported?

gonz0
12-18-2008, 11:37 AM
I have the new 1Z Cockpit and did a small test on my door panel (2003 Audi A4). It cleaned the smudging from a careless auto technician quickly and with ease but it smells TERRIBLE, like Ammonia terrible, and it left the scent on the door. I`m afraid to try it on the entire interior as I don`t want to loose the, at present, OEM smell to the interior. I`m also afraid to use it on the leather surfaces as I think it may be a bit too strong.

Samhain
12-18-2008, 12:05 PM
I have the new 1Z Cockpit and did a small test on my door panel (2003 Audi A4). It cleaned the smudging from a careless auto technician quickly and with ease but it smells TERRIBLE, like Ammonia terrible, and it left the scent on the door. I`m afraid to try it on the entire interior as I don`t want to loose the, at present, OEM smell to the interior. I`m also afraid to use it on the leather surfaces as I think it may be a bit too strong.

Are you talking about Cockpit Premium or Cockpit Classic? This thread is about Classic!

gonz0
12-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Are you talking about Cockpit Premium or Cockpit Classic? This thread is about Classic!

I was referring specifically to the new Premium, hence my saying I am using the `new 1Z Cockpit`. I`d be interested in knowing the differences between the new Premium and the Classic formula.

I do have to withdraw my previous statement about the scent concern as I sniffed the panel this afternoon and it has no scent at all. :sign

Samhain
12-18-2008, 12:51 PM
True it doesn`t live any scent! But Classic and Premium are 2 different products!

gonz0
12-18-2008, 01:56 PM
True it doesn`t live any scent! But Classic and Premium are 2 different products!

I apologize, I didn`t intend to defer the thread. What exactly is different between them, are they recommended for different applications? I couldn`t find anything with a quick Google search on `Classic`.

Samhain
12-18-2008, 02:20 PM
I apologize, I didn`t intend to defer the thread. What exactly is different between them, are they recommended for different applications? I couldn`t find anything with a quick Google search on `Classic`.

Cockpit Premium - is a spray bottle, but Cockpit Classic - is an aerosol.

BobD
12-18-2008, 02:21 PM
I think maybe it did not meet VOC.

Samhain
12-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I think DavidB can explain.

BobD
12-18-2008, 03:00 PM
I think DavidB can explain.

Then maybe you should pm him or email him if you don`t want anyone else`s input.

Samhain
12-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Oh no! I want to hear everybody`s opinions!

BobD
12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh no! I want to hear everybody`s opinions!

Or maybe change the title of the thread to have Davids name in it so he`ll see it. ;)