PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Perls Shampoo is amazing

Pages : [1] 2

Mobilejay
12-16-2008, 07:39 PM
I know there are some on here that have used this shampoo and I am now one. I bought it a while ago because some were talking about using it like ONR. I use ONR quite a bit so I figured I would try it out. When I did I wasn`t too happy with it, I thought the ONR did better if not the same. Well I decided to try it today as it was intended and I was completely blown away. This stuff is just amazing! I washed an F250 and an Escalade(weekly clients). I don`t remember the last time I waxed these two vehicles, the Ford is a work vehicle that is usually always muddy. When I used the 1Z today I pre soaked, put the mitt in the bucket and started washing. I was rinsing the panels off after I washed them. When I did that the water fell right off as if I just waxed it. I had never seen a car wash do anything like this. Once I was finished with everything I took the nozle off and just ran the hose over the car and let all the water sheet off. I don`t know how long it lasts(the water sheeting) or if it does last longer than just the wash, it says to use it monthly. If the water sheets for a month just from a wash I`m going to buy this stuff like crazy LOL. Like I said, simply blown away by this product I couldn`t believe it. If you want to try this out, Danase has it for 7 bucks I think compared to 9 isn`t much of a difference but its still a few bucks.

This is not a "buy from Danase" thing here I just wanted to rave about this product and remember Danase posted here about a clearance and it was 7 bucks. Anyway, try this stuff out where ever you get it from. You will not be dissapointed. It isn`t a super suddsing(spell) shampoo but damn does it work!

Take care

Most of everyone on here always has a nice coat of wax on their vehicles so you may not notice anything special. I noticed it cause these cars hadn`t been waxed in a long time. I wash the Ford with soap and water and hadn`t had water sheeting or beading like this untill today.

imported_Detailing Technology
12-16-2008, 07:41 PM
waiting to hear this.

Aaron from 3lg. Grouse recommends this.

dublifecrisis
12-16-2008, 08:17 PM
i wasn`t crazy about the 1z soap. maybe I just like suds too much...LOL I DO want to try it like an ONR method but I haven`t yet. still have 90% of my 1z and I`m sure it won`t go to waste.

jordanrossbell
12-16-2008, 08:36 PM
I actually experienced very little to no suds but it is definitely the best wash i have ever tried..i need to reorder some!

Mobilejay
12-16-2008, 08:42 PM
jsatek, you should definetely try it out. I think its a great product. Hell, I was so happy with it I finished the two vehicles and came home and washed my work van. It needed a washing but it was 45 degrees out, I should have went in but I was having fun with the 1z. My van stays waxed, it performed the same way it did on the earlier vehicles. Try it out.

imported_Grouse
12-17-2008, 12:43 AM
For what it is worth most 1z products are low sudsing because of Euro environmental regulations for run off.

I do like it, I also use the Glanz car wash more and more. I like using the pearls in place of onr for in a rinseless wash for a couple of reasons. One it cleans wheels better, it seems to release dirt from my mitts easier. I used up my 1.5 bottles of pearls on monday. I was forced to go back to ONR. I was doing an 08 A8L that had been run through seattles liquid deicer and road dirt. 28 degrees out side, The half I used pearls on was easy. I did not have to scrub or apply pressure for it to free up that liquid deicer. I had to do the onr side twice. The third time i went and filled my empty bottles of pearls with water and sloshed it around for a better presoak.

One of the big reasons for looking at rinseless washes as a mobile set up is the regulations that are coming in the next 3-5 years. Getting acquainted with a rinseless wash for prepping a car for a detail now will put you one step ahead of your competition.

Pearls is a fairly expensive product to manufacture, that is why it is here in the smaller sizes. It`s cost per use is about the same as ONR. I do think it imparts a better cleaning ability and better protection than onr. Yet I have both, use both and appreciate both.

dervdave
12-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Hey have the best of both, I`ve been using 1 capful of 1Z perls to 2 ONR.

ALAN81
12-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Probley the best car shampoo I ever used Why does every one think that if there is no suds the car is not getting clean? The sponge glides over the paint with this shampoo. I remember David sending me a free sample and I bought the bottle the next day, but it wasnt cheap(but then again what products are)

imported_Detailing Technology
12-17-2008, 05:59 AM
Is it good in a foam gun?

porta
12-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Is it good in a foam gun?

I would not use it with a foam gun.

imported_Yal
12-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Hey have the best of both, I`ve been using 1 capful of 1Z perls to 2 ONR.

Thats what I do too :) Slick as heck.

tom p.
12-17-2008, 08:36 AM
1Z`s supreme shampoo is the Exclusiv Glanz....far more suds than the Perls. It works awesome in the Gilmour foamer.

chml17l
12-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Can anyone compare the 1Z Perls shampoo to Prima Mystique Auto Wash?

Mobilejay
12-17-2008, 04:30 PM
1Z`s supreme shampoo is the Exclusiv Glanz....far more suds than the Perls. It works awesome in the Gilmour foamer.

I spoke with Michael from 1Z today and they said they discontinued the Exclusize Glanz because the Perls was selling so much better. Now they have the regular Glanz and Perls.

He was telling me that the reason it isn`t as sudsy as other shampoos is becuase it has such a low alkaline amount. He was saying that the shampoos that are really sudsy have a higher alkaline detergent that "may" cause stripping of waxes.

He was also telling me that Perls has polymers in it that will give about 2-maybe 3 weeks of protection and that other sealants or waxes will bond to it with no issues.

I had asked if they were going to make a bigger size and Michael was saying that they were thinking about makine a 5 litre(1.3 gallons) size but thats if they have a lot of recommendations for it. Also if you don`t have really hard water, I was told you can use a little less than the 3-4 cap fulls or whatever the recommeded amount is.

Bunky
12-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Iz Perls does seem to the cross between ONR and car soap. It does not have a lot of suds so it rinse cleaner and leaves behind a more than normal gloss (if you want it).

After using ONR and see how it works, the suds for most car soaps is just for show.