PDA

View Full Version : B.A. Vs. A.A.

LNER
12-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Before Autopia I thought I had achieved "semi-pro" detailing status. I had been washing and "detailing" my cars and friend`s cars since I was about 10. After Autopia I have learned, at the ripe age of 44, I rank around toejam in the detailing world.

Before Autopia: I used to pressure-wash the interior with Armor-All.

After Autopia: I want to have 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium`s children.

Before Autopia: Weekly applications of Turtle Wax (Bonus: My paint fell off)

After Autopia: Collinite #915!? <censored>

Before Autopia: Rags? Here...

After Autopia: AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!! My Cobra Arctic White Miracle Towel touched Earth!!! <EXPLODE>

You get the point. I am honored to read your postings. I`ve learned so much, and tried so many amazing products the last few months. It`s been a real pleasure.

Thanks. Still mostly dumb, but learning...

LNER

MBurnickas
12-12-2008, 08:14 PM
I doubt there is anybody here who isn`t a much better detailer than before Autopia. I never even heard of Zaino, Menzerna or Collinite, or many other products and processes I use all the time now. I heard about klasse, but never realized how good it was. I used to use bulk stuff, automagic and others. It wasn`t bad stuff at all, but this high end stuff really rocks. I share your sentiment man, as a 42 year old turtle wax reformy. I don`t know if I want to have Zaino`s babies, but I wouldn`t mind inviting him to thanksgiving dinner.

VR8
12-12-2008, 08:21 PM
So this is going to be the 40...something thread. Likewise here, so many new terms spinning around in my brain! I can`t wait for a decent temp day and my new PC buffer to get started.

Anyone have a garage they want to donate?

salty
12-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Ya still learning.

The detailing industry and the product companies have made great improvements in the last number of years and the internet has let us share ideas and comments, which makes the old days of trail and error almost nonexistent.

40+ club here to.

Junebug
12-14-2008, 05:04 PM
49 - got the detailing bug 3 years ago, must be something to that 40`s thing!

Old Pirate
12-14-2008, 05:27 PM
I pick up the bug around 62-63 when i use to watch my dad and uncles wash and wax their big block Chevy`s SS. I still remember to this day that they were using Meg`s Mirror Glazes on their cars. and they were all black!