PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s NXT vs Mother`s Reflections

Pages : [1] 2

akimel
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone has compared these two sealants. I have used both, though have never compared them side-by-side. But my impression (and it`s only an impression) is that they both give a similar look. Do you agree? Any comparative thoughts about them regarding look, durability, cleansing power, etc. They both retail for about the same amount of money. Would you recommend one over against the other?

TIA.

Al

sixty7mustang22
12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
NXT 2.0 will last longer, but yeah, they both pretty much look the same. I might edge towards Meguiar`s in ease of use.

I would definitely get NXT 2.0.

zaxjax
12-12-2008, 05:59 PM
For OTC products NXT 2.0 is a better bet

Why not order from Autogeek or Detailed Image and get a better product?

eyezack87
12-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Collinite 845 is another great alternative. I found that its glossier than NXT x.0 and costs less too. If you have a Harbor Freight store then thats where they should be :)

It also lasts quite awhile too :woot2:

Lumadar
12-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Collinite 845 is another great alternative. I found that its glossier than NXT x.0 and costs less too. If you have a Harbor Freight store then thats where they should be :)

It also lasts quite awhile too :woot2:

Not anymore...HF discontinued Collinite products. I couldn`t find it for the life of me in the store and the manager ended up looking it up and realized it was discontinued. Had to buy online.

eyezack87
12-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Ahh, guess that your stores didn`t have any. I picked up 3 last week from my HF store. Its a hit or miss right now...

Lumadar
12-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Ahh, guess that your stores didn`t have any. I picked up 3 last week from my HF store. Its a hit or miss right now...

Man, no fair! :laugh: The best price online is like 50% more than what HF was selling it for.

eyezack87
12-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Lol, come up to Harbor Blvd/Westminster/"1.5 hours away from you" area. Theres like 3-4 HFs there. I cleaned out the Harbor one :D

akimel
12-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Has anyone else tried these two sealants, Nxt and Reflections, and able to offer some comparative insights?

qbmurderer13
12-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Over those id pick NXT but why are you only stuck on those two options? There are much better options available online.

Bioman
12-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Reflections has a more Carnauba look, warmer glow.

NXT has a reflective sealant type look. NXT will last longer.

Inzane
12-13-2008, 01:06 AM
why are you only stuck on those two options? There are much better options available online.

I second the motion.

akimel
12-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Over those id pick NXT but why are you only stuck on those two options? There are much better options available online.

Who said I was stuck on these two options? I am simply inviting a comparison of these two specific products, and only these two specific products, by those who have used both products. I am curious. Isn`t that sufficient?

I have no ulterior purposes here. I am not trying to decide whether to buy one or the other--I already own them both--nor am I trying to encourage anybody else to buy them. I am not presently in the market to buy another wax or sealant. I already have more protectants than I will use in my lifetime (http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f48/db-members-wax-collection-pics-6263-5.html#post101412)! :) I simply want to know what those who have used both Reflections and NXT think about these two products. I am curious.

A comparison of NXT and Reflections seems a very natural and inevitable comparison, yet a Google search does not yield many comparative reviews.

As I said, I am curious. :)

Cheers,

Al

Alfisti
12-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Has anyone else tried these two sealants, Nxt and Reflections, and able to offer some comparative insights?

Reflections is glossy and deep (carnauba-like for a sealant) and NXT gives a wetter, darker look.

Reflections lasts about the same as NXTv1 (I get about 4 months from both). V2 is supposed to last longer.

NXT conceals swirls better.

Reflections is easier to use than either NXT version. Smells better IMO. Streaks less than NXT on dark colours.

I prefer Reflections, but still like NXT. I use both. Reflections also has `Top Coat` which has no cleaners so you can layer over Reflections Advanced Wax.

I find Mothers very under-rated on Autopia, even though they`ve had some `best-in-class` OTC products in the past. Reflections is one of them.

Here`s a couple good threads - AlexRuiz and Bence has a very good comparison between the `big four` OTC waxes:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/57595-mothers-reflections-vs-meg-s-nxt.html

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/62908-mother-s-reflections-advanced-product-line.html

Alfisti
12-13-2008, 05:33 AM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/108751-nxt-vs-mothers-reflections-charcoal-exterior.html