PDA

View Full Version : Best wax for metallic silver 08 535?

Pages : [1] 2

chromecarz00
12-10-2008, 03:09 PM
http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/archives/085ser2.jpg

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/13478-2008-BMW-535xi.jpg

Looking for the best wax for this car, this color. Any recommendations?

Something relativly durable, with decent beading properties, and most importantly some mad flake pop.

Thanks...

Cleaning Fool
12-10-2008, 03:37 PM
The list is long and everybody has an opinion. Go to the top, click the search button and type in silver cars Wealth of information

mblgjr
12-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Made flake pop with durabilityOptimum (OPT) Opti-Seal - Free Shipping | Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=4558&url=detailedimage.com/Optimum-OPT-M36/Opti-Seal-P279/)

I REALLY like Optiseal all around on silvers. I`ve been using it on several family vehicles for a while now and it has been very durable (3+mos) on trucks that sit outside and get washed maybe once every two weeks.

It actually adds a little depth but doesn`t mute the metallic.

imported_mobenzowner
12-10-2008, 04:29 PM
I like Sig II and Collinite 845 on silver. As mblgjr said above, you also cant go wrong with opti-seal.

zaxjax
12-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Collinite 476

Opti-Seal

Meguiar`s 21

square
12-10-2008, 09:09 PM
In my experience, pop and durability don`t go together. For durability on silver, I like Zaino, and I think Zaino looks its best on silver. Zaino`s reflectivity complements silver best.

You want pop and wow, go with something that is heavy on oils or carnuba. Blackfire is really good on silver, and will give you that wet look and a direct light path to the metal flakes for pop.

chromecarz00
12-10-2008, 09:23 PM
So say like Mothers? Or NXT?

mblgjr
12-10-2008, 09:27 PM
So say like Mothers? Or NXT?

Are we trying to stay with over the counter products?

NXT 2.0 would be the choice in this case.

Unless you can get your hands on the Mothers FX or Reflections lineup.

If you`re lucky you can find an Oreily`s/AutoZone/Advance that has the Meg`s Professional line (cream colored bottles) and find some #26 or #21. 26 is a standby and 21 is a nice sealant.

So; for OTC:

Meg`s #21

Meg`s NXT 2.0

Meg`s #26

Mother`s FX synthetic

Mother`s Reflections

If you have a Harbor Freight nearby you can probably find Collinite.

Also, Duragloss can often be found at Carquest stores (often locally named independent stores).

chromecarz00
12-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Well for this weekend yes because I have both of those...somewhere...

So Im leaning either blackfire or collonite...

between the two?

imported_Exelero
12-11-2008, 12:26 AM
well that is a hard question since there is so many good waxes out there to use for silver.also i think it depends on the price you want to spend cause the waxes due get costly.

imported_DieselMDX
12-11-2008, 04:31 AM
I had a silver MDx and zaino or souveran where my favorites depending on my mood

gigondaz
12-11-2008, 07:24 AM
http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/archives/085ser2.jpg

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/13478-2008-BMW-535xi.jpg

Looking for the best wax for this car, this color. Any recommendations?

Something relativly durable, with decent beading properties, and most importantly some mad flake pop.

Thanks...

For my customers` silver cars, especially those with crystal and/or pearl flakes,

my priority for top class results would be proper sanding and surface prep. Once done, the silver would already be looking great.

Throughout the years, I hv discovered some combos that`re especially stunning on silver.

One:

Zaino is killer on silver cars. That`s fact.

But in hot, humid and rainy weather, it has lousy durability.

3layers of Zaino Z2Pro

1 layer of Soft99`s Fusso Coat 7mth coating for durability and lotsa nice beads.

Two:

Klasse AIO+SG combo remains a classic on silver, and loses out very slightly to Zaino in looks. 3-4layers of SG would be great, followed by Soft99`s Fusso Coat 7mth coating.

Three:

3-4layers of Autoglym EGP (12hrs apart) followed by Soft99`s Fusso Coat 7mth coating

I generally avoid any pure carnaubas on my customers cars as they only last 6-7weeks in blisteringly hot and rainy weather. Most importantly, with each successive wash, the initial good looks start to deteriorate and appear less sharp than before. If they insist on carnauba, I`ll use 3-4layers of Dodo Juice or Swissvax Concorso using ice-cold water, wait few hours and apply 1 layer Zaino ZCS for added durability.

chromecarz00
12-11-2008, 11:55 AM
You guys are amazing. ONE more request; does anybody have pictures of the flake on a silver metallic car they have done?

Streetlife
12-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Surf City Garage Barrier Reef, is a wax that offers everything you are looking for.

mblgjr
12-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Well for this weekend yes because I have both of those...somewhere...

So Im leaning either blackfire or collonite...

between the two?

Depends on if the car is garaged a lot or not.

If it is; Blackfire would do it for me, but it may mute the metallic slightly.

Collinite has crazy durability, is cheap, and LASTS.