PDA

View Full Version : M86 vs PO203

Pages : [1] 2 3

SoCalB6
12-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Basically looking for a good one-step, not so much an AIO as it only takes a few minutes to hit a car with OCW or AW.

So... it seems like (from reading) that M86 is a bit more versatile (pad dependant) than PO203, which could be an asset when dealing with multi-step jobs too. Now, for people that have used M86, can it cut and finish decently with a white, green or grey LC pad via rotary; how about via a PC? How does it compare to PO203 in the sense of cutting and finishing with the same pads and machines?

Remember, this is intended for a one-step job; only one type of pad, one machine, one pass.

Just had an idea... has anyone tried hybriding Poli-Seal or any other AIO with a light or finishing polish?

zaxjax
12-10-2008, 07:53 AM
I haven`t used 86 but PO203 works well and finishes nicely with a good amount of cut to it. I use it with a rotary and tried several pads and wool to what works best.

imported_rydawg
12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
I have used both and honestly it`s not even a fair comparison. 203 is the most versatile polish I have used and the cut it gives is very precise and tight. You can use it with any pad and it performs excellent while giving amazing results.

86 gives a nice finish until you alcohol the surface. The finish it leaves is very un-uniform to my standards. If your only looking for a quik one step polish then it will serve well to most.

When it comes to top quality, precise cut, and true correction, Menzerna honestly owns the market.

Junebug
12-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior sent me a sample of PO203. I think he`s trying to get on my Christmas list...yes, 203 is that good!

SoCalB6
12-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I have used both and honestly it`s not even a fair comparison. 203 is the most versatile polish I have used and the cut it gives is very precise and tight. You can use it with any pad and it performs excellent while giving amazing results.

86 gives a nice finish until you alcohol the surface. The finish it leaves is very un-uniform to my standards. If your only looking for a quik one step polish then it will serve well to most.

When it comes to top quality, precise cut, and true correction, Menzerna honestly owns the market.

Cool, just what I was looking for. Can you get it to finish hologram free with a white or green?

Yea, I have been using SIP and 106ff...pretty top notch stuff :bigups

imported_rydawg
12-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Pretty close on some colors with a white pad.

It`s a great alternative for SIP too.

salty
12-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I`ve only used 203 once so far and it left a nice finish, but i was having gum up problems with it, using too much? or the garage temp was too low, but a little goes a long ways.

SoCalB6
12-10-2008, 04:58 PM
I`ve only used 203 once so far and it left a nice finish, but i was having gum up problems with it, using too much? or the garage temp was too low, but a little goes a long ways.

Yea, as with all Menzerna, too much product will do that. I`ve too have had experience with it being finicky at cold temperatures.

RYDAWG- Thanks for the input, the advice is much appreciated coming from one of the big guns on here.

Also, whats the deal with M82,M66,M80 & M9... they all sound very similar, almost identical in some instances.

imported_weekendwarrior
12-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I was told M82 and M9 are pretty much the same...the only difference was with the solvent in the polish.

M80 has more cut than M82 or M9. I am not saying it is the same, but I find it similar to 106ff.

M66 is an AIO. It leaves protection behind.

SoCalB6
12-11-2008, 12:54 AM
I was told M82 and M9 are pretty much the same...the only difference was with the solvent in the polish.

M80 has more cut than M82 or M9. I am not saying it is the same, but I find it similar to 106ff.

M66 is an AIO. It leaves protection behind.

Cool, thanks WeekendWarror...

Keep `em comming

SoCalB6
12-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Anyone else care to chime in?

Carbon Blue
12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I ended up going with 106FA over PO203 because I like the tried and true results that 106FF offered while lowering the dust it produces. For some reason im too paranoid to use a polish such as PO203 which almost has the same cut as SIP and using it as a one-stepper. I would think 106FA would leave a better finish since it cuts less than PO203 but the Menzerna chart says otherwise.

SoCalB6
12-15-2008, 09:43 PM
I ended up going with 106FA over PO203 because I like the tried and true results that 106FF offered while lowering the dust it produces. For some reason im too paranoid to use a polish such as PO203 which almost has the same cut as SIP and using it as a one-stepper. I would think 106FA would leave a better finish since it cuts less than PO203 but the Menzerna chart says otherwise.

Why would that be? Maybe because of the thought that a polish with medium grade cut can`t really finish like fine/finishing polish; its just too much of a job for one product to do?

I`d imagine one`s pad choice for PO203 in a one step could only be green or grey/black. Even white is kind of pushing it on a rotary and 106FF/FA due to hologram`s, hazing, ect...

On multi-step jobs I finish with 106FF on either a grey/black or red pad holo-free and have very good gloss, but that`s of course when I have the luxury of doing my own cars or having a customer that can shell out the moola.

So I guess *maybe* SIP and a finishing pad could work? Hmmm, I guess I have something new to try this week. When I do, I`ll do a write up on SIP, 106FF & PO203 in a side by side comparison with the same variables.

porta
12-16-2008, 12:44 AM
SIP with a finishing pad is a nice combination.

SoCalB6
12-16-2008, 01:04 AM
SIP with a finishing pad is a nice combination.

Good to know someone else thinks so too. Are you applying via rotary?