PDA

View Full Version : Should I be in a different line of work?

Brenton
09-29-2005, 02:52 PM
It`s been a busy week or so, but the last couple of days at the detail shop have been slow. Except for a guy who brought in his golf clubs to ask if I could buff and compound them to get dimple marks and grass stains off. Worked pretty good.
Then another guy at the nearby furniture store brought a fancy cushion in that had been water stained. They tried everything, so I grabbed my Oxiclean pre-mixed bottle and went at `er. No problem?
Just wish I could have happy car customers like these two! :yes:

Beemerboy
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Some days are like that, at least someones coming in

Brenton
09-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Some days are like that, at least someones coming in

I just thought it was kind of funny. It was only so-so on the golf clubs so I don`t think I`ll crossover. Got to detail a new black Honda this week though, on top of a 77 Spitfire. Doing a crappy car tomorrow.

maximv1
09-29-2005, 09:34 PM
patience young grasshopper. maybe try diversifying with pdr, window tinting, interior repair etc. also don`t be afriad to contact dealers. offer a free detail to show your abilities. delares don`t pay much, but it can be steady work and income. also if peole drive by and see traffic, it gets their attention. if you do hook up with a dealer, see if you can put a sign in their windor saying veihlces detailed at..., keep a positive outlook or you won`t succeed.

Brenton
09-30-2005, 05:15 AM
patience young grasshopper. maybe try diversifying with pdr, window tinting, interior repair etc. also don`t be afriad to contact dealers. offer a free detail to show your abilities. delares don`t pay much, but it can be steady work and income. also if peole drive by and see traffic, it gets their attention. if you do hook up with a dealer, see if you can put a sign in their windor saying veihlces detailed at..., keep a positive outlook or you won`t succeed.

Thanx for the tips. Right now dealers are about 3/4 of my work, but I haven`t got any fleets yet.
I should have titled this thread differently. I`m not trying to complain, I just thought it was a funny day.

maximv1
09-30-2005, 05:46 AM
also what about rental car companies? discount, enterprise, tilden? try contacting them and see if they need any work done.