PDA

View Full Version : what is recommended for tires

Pages : [1] 2

Greggk300c
12-06-2008, 11:07 AM
i have always liked the glossy tire shine look, but hate the sling and the greasy feeling.. is there anything yall can recommend to give me the look, without the negatives

Accumulator
12-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I`m the *LAST* guy in the world you should ask about how to make tires shiny, but no matter what you use I wouldn`t expect slinging to be an issue if you wipe off any excess thoroughly before driving the car. I kinda like using cotton towels for this as the way they absorb sometimes seems to work better than the way MFs adsorb. But yeah, it will make an unholy mess on the towel.

eyezack87
12-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I find that cleaning my tires with APC+ removes the browning/sludge and makes them a matte finish. If I don`t want them shiny thats what I do

Showroom Shine
12-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I also clean my tires with a degreaser or APC. I have found that any type of dressing works better with clean rubber. I too have been searching for the perfect wet looking shiney dressing. So far the ones that have passed my test are Detailkings TNT (gel),Pinnacle`s gel. I do my tires first after washing and wipe off excess last. Out of the tread too. I do not put it on heavy. Thinner coats dry faster. I also just bought one of those rechargeable aerosol spray cans from Harbor Freight, for $5. I got 2.

I put a clear waterbased thin dressing in one of these. Put air in it and sprayed my tires with this spray can. It comes with 3 different tips for thicker products,and a straw. For the first try this worked GREAT! No sling no messy hands or applicator. I think this is the way I will go next season. The can also really saves product! With this tool, I`m figuring I can use other dressings. I prefer clear for sprays. Most colored dressings are dye anyway,but when you get sling clear is much harder to see. Unless you have a Black car.

jordanrossbell
12-06-2008, 08:47 PM
CG Xtreme Shine oil based dressing is what i use for the exact reasons you listed above..high gloss and no sling, even with no wiping of excess...give it a bit of time to dry though of course

BigAl3
12-06-2008, 09:07 PM
http://armorall.com/img/products/wheel_tire/r_arm_etsgelcrtn_0706.jpg this stuff works pretty well...

imported_RZJZA80
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
best i`ve used is the megs stuff, forgot the name, but it`s purple gel like liquid, smells like grape soda lol

eyezack87
12-06-2008, 10:17 PM
^^Endurance Gel ;)

Garry Dean
12-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Megs Hyper Dressing works well for me and my clients!

qbmurderer13
12-07-2008, 12:33 AM
My favorite tire dressing ive ever used has to be Zainos Z16.

Accumulator
12-07-2008, 10:20 AM
My favorite tire dressing ive ever used has to be Zainos Z16.

Same here, but it doesn`t give me the kind of high-gloss the OP is after.

That CG stuff that jordanrossbell mentioned sounds like just the ticket for people who want that look.

BlueLibby04
12-07-2008, 12:14 PM
If you want a lot of shine then Megs Endurance is a pretty good product. Im not looking for that much shine so I use Megs Hot Tire Shine Gel. Lasts a good while and gives a Medium shine. :)

imported_scjshaylen
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Stoner`s More Tire Shine. Same company that makes Invisible Glass. Aerosol can makes quick work of the tires and no sling, that I`ve experienced.

jordanrossbell
12-07-2008, 09:31 PM
The Xtreme Shine wont let you down

spK
12-08-2008, 04:43 PM
OPT tire bond ftw