PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO - Hand or machine?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Xcessiv
12-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi guys,

What`s your personal experience using both methods? Which one gave the best result?

Also, is it ok to use AIO without SG on beater cars just to add reasonnable shine and protection?

Thank you.

Regards,

Yan

imported_icall
12-03-2008, 11:33 AM
I`ve done it both ways and much prefer the PC for AIO application. I got better results using the PC.

SG is easier and more cost effective by hand. I wipe on/wipe off. Usually 3-4 coats. This usually lasts about 6 months, 8 if I push it on a 335i. Water just sheets off.

I wouldn`t do just AIO. SG is just so easy to apply and remove. Its appication is extremely quick, not worth skipping IMO.

BTW, AIO works awesome on rims. I neglected my rims something fierce. I took a 4 inch pad on the PC with some AIO, and they look brand new.

Accumulator
12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I too use it both ways but prefer to let the machine do the work.

Holden_C04
12-03-2008, 12:00 PM
There is no benefit to applying KAIO by hand. Applying with PC gives you the benefit of a thinner application, and without stressing your hands.

RitcheyRch
12-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Had my car detailed receently and the detailer used AIO and SG. How long should I want before applying another coat of SG? Any other prep before adding the additional coat?

Accumulator
12-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Had my car detailed receently and the detailer used AIO and SG. How long should I want before applying another coat of SG? Any other prep before adding the additional coat?

You only need to wait 24 hours between coats (if that long). If there`s any chance the paint isn`t 100% clean after the wash I`d do a *light, gentle* claying with something like Sonus green.

FWIW, I shoot for at least 4 coats and preferably 6.

Cleaning Fool
12-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Give me a machine over hand everytime

GeorgesBlazah
12-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Im with the others, the machine is tehre to make you life easier.(most of the time :) )

RitcheyRch
12-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like might try and add another coat over the weekend.

You only need to wait 24 hours between coats (if that long). If there`s any chance the paint isn`t 100% clean after the wash I`d do a *light, gentle* claying with something like Sonus green.

FWIW, I shoot for at least 4 coats and preferably 6.

askjeffro
12-03-2008, 02:09 PM
AIO - Machine

SG - Hand

Xcessiv
12-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Thank you for the replies! More questions...

1) Does KSG react well over Poli-Seal, even if Poli-Seal contains some Karnauba?

2) What would give the best looking result?

a) Nanopolish + KAIO + KSG

b) Poli-Seal + KSG

3) In question 2), does a) justify the large price difference over b)?

4) How durable are the fillers in KAIO + KSG? I`m not talking about how durable is the protection, but the fillers hiding light swirls.

5) What has more cutting power between Nanopolish and Poli-Seal?

Thank you.

Yan

Way2SSlow
12-04-2008, 07:05 AM
AIO - Machine

SG - Hand

Same for me. Always use the PC for AIO.

Xcessiv
12-04-2008, 10:49 AM
And what about the previous questions (Optimum vs Klasse vs Menzerna, + combinations)?

Thank you.

Accumulator
12-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I can`t be too helpful as I don`t use a lot of the products discussed below, but anyhow...

1) Does KSG react well over Poli-Seal, even if Poli-Seal contains some Karnauba?

Beats me, I`ve never used PolySeal nor have I ever applied KSG without putting it over KAIO.

I`d be pretty surprised if KSG worked as well over Poli-Seal as it does over KAIO though.

2) What would give the best looking result?

a) Nanopolish + KAIO + KSG

b) Poli-Seal + KSG

Beats me, not having used the Poli-Seal...but I`d be pretty surprised if "a)" weren`t the better one.

3) In question 2), does a) justify the large price difference over b)?

Gotta figure out if the Poli-Seal will work as a base for KSG or it`s a moot point.

4) How durable are the fillers in KAIO + KSG? I`m not talking about how durable is the protection, but the fillers hiding light swirls.

The Klasse twins *DO NOT* do any filling/concealing. Rather, they tend to make any marring quite obvious. Because of this, I only use them on finishes that are basically perfect (and that will stay that way). If you have any flaws I`d forget about the Klasse twins and go with something different.

5) What has more cutting power between Nanopolish and Poli-Seal?

Beats me :nixweiss

xxplosive
05-21-2009, 10:06 AM
What kind of pad would you use for applying KAIO to a car that has been polished recently? I`m trying to strip any remaining sealant off the car before applying KAIO followed by several coats of KSG.

Also, should I reapply a little bit of KAIO to the pad after doing each section or will one application be sufficient for the whole car?