PDA

View Full Version : Poly-seal vs other AIOs

Pages : [1] 2

wfedwar
12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Can anyone compare Poly-seal to other AIO products, either by look, ease of use, correction strength, durability, etc? I`m currently using Prime Acrylic/Strong, but I`ve been very impressed with Optimum lately. Thanks,

Billy

Driven Auto Detail
12-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I don`t have any experience with what you`re currently using. The only comparison I can give is this:

Poli-Seal vs. Meg`s 66

PS leaves behind more protection

66 has more cut (and probably more filling capabilities)

I have each because I think they both serve a purpose. I typically use PS on newer, nicer vehicles and use 66 on older, oxidized vehicles.

The only other AIO I`m wanting to try is High-Temp`s HT-69 (anyone want to trade a sample of HT-69 for a sample of PS?).

Oh, and I guess I`ve used KAIO, which is good if you`re not looking for any correction since it`s a chemical polish.

AeroCleanse
12-02-2008, 07:39 PM
I`ve used Meg`s 151, its amazing.

imported_smprince1
12-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Can anyone compare Poly-seal to other AIO products, either by look, ease of use, correction strength, durability, etc? I`m currently using Prime Acrylic/Strong, but I`ve been very impressed with Optimum lately. Thanks,

Billy

I`ve used both and in my opinion the PS is much easier to use and has slightly more correction ability, while the Prime Strong maybe gets a slight edge in chemical cleaning ability and durability. For me, the biggest difference is how buttery smooth the PS is to apply and how it`s residue is very minimal/easy to remove.

Both are excellent products IMO.

Driven Auto Detail
12-02-2008, 08:34 PM
User-friendliness is one thing I forgot to say about PS. It`s very user friendly and a little product goes a LONG way.

Chris@Optimum
12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I`ve used KAIO, PS, and XMT360. I traded the Klasse off after using the PoliSeal because of the look and ease of it. I like the XMT360 too but not enuff to switch. If you need more cut from PS, I`ve mixed in some OP and used it orange edge pads with my cyclo for excellent results.

Lumadar
12-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Poli-Seal vs. Meg`s 66

Any chance you could expand on that? Is that from some type of scientific experiment? Testing? Or did someone explain it that way before?

I have each because I think they both serve a purpose. I typically use PS on newer, nicer vehicles and use 66 on older, oxidized vehicles.

Now I`m really confused :confused: :grinno: You said above that you thought PS had more cut, so why wouldn`t you use the product with more cut for the heavily oxidized paints that clearly need cutting action to remove the dead paint? :confused:

Just trying to figure out the ups and downs to these products here as I have only had a worth while amount of experience with D151 as an AIo product, although I do have and have used both Poli-seal and M66.

Junebug
12-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Only down side to PS - that I found, was that it tended to clump up with me when I used it with a rotary. On a PC it was top notch. I have ZAIO coming in today and can`t wait to try that.

Driven Auto Detail
12-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Any chance you could expand on that? Is that from some type of scientific experiment? Testing? Or did someone explain it that way before?

Some Meg`s polishes in general are known to fill in swirls and scratches due to their "proprietary polishing oils". Some of their polishes fill more than others. It just means that you should do some sort of wipe down to remove any of the oils after you`ve polished the surface to see the true level of correction. There`s no need for any scientific test to prove it. It is what it is. It doesn`t mean their polishes are bad. I personally don`t really care for most of their polishes.

Now I`m really confused :confused: :grinno: You said above that you thought PS had more cut, so why wouldn`t you use the product with more cut for the heavily oxidized paints that clearly need cutting action to remove the dead paint? :confused:

You read my post wrong. I said:

Poli-Seal vs. Meg`s 66

Just trying to figure out the ups and downs to these products here as I have only had a worth while amount of experience with D151 as an AIo product, although I do have and have used both Poli-seal and M66.

I have some D151 but haven`t used it enough to give a worth-while review of it.

wannafbody
12-03-2008, 08:06 AM
IIRC KAIO and ZAIO are the only 2 without fillers.

kaval
12-03-2008, 08:20 AM
I`ve been using PS for about 2 years on the PC and have always enjoyed it. It adds a nice richness to the paint and leaves the surface feeling very slick. I`ve achieved some correction with 4" orange pads as well on Honda paint and some BMW paint. I have also used KAIO (for about a year) but I always go back to PS. I have found PS to streak and haven`t pinpointed the issue, but I am thinking it is a sign the pad needs to be changed or I am using too much product.

In terms of comparison

KAIO

- hard shell look

- leaves the surface feeling `hard` like a shell of some sort

- cleans better than PS it seems

- minimal correction compared to PS

- chemical smell

PS

- rich, glossy look

- leaves the surface feeling smooth and slick

- cleaning power is not as good as KAIO.

- more correction than KAIO

- nice carnauba smell with a hint of chemical scent

wannafbody
12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I`d guess streaking issues are from using too much product and they are probably silicone fluids.

Garry Dean
12-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I just like Poli-seal because it smells like bananas, lol.

Lumadar
12-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Some Meg`s polishes in general are known to fill in swirls and scratches due to their "proprietary polishing oils". Some of their polishes fill more than others. It just means that you should do some sort of wipe down to remove any of the oils after you`ve polished the surface to see the true level of correction. There`s no need for any scientific test to prove it. It is what it is. It doesn`t mean their polishes are bad. I personally don`t really care for most of their polishes.

You read my post wrong. I

I have some D151 but haven`t used it enough to give a worth-while review of it.

Wow, I TOTALLY read that wrong. In my defense, I was suffering the worst migraine of my life at the time and my screen was barely visible due to my blurred vision :LOLOL

As for the polishing oils, I think that the idea that only Meguiar`s has them and therefor the need for a wipedown isn`t very accurate. All abrasives need some type of carriers or oils to work properly, it`s just that some of the Mirror Glaze line polishes are particularly known for the pluses of the oils on single stage paints that makes people think it is some sort of epidemic with their polishes.

I haven`t found M66 or D151 to have any of those types of oils in my experience what so ever. Same could be said for the newer M86 and M105. :2thumbs:

As for D151, I guess I should post the pics I have from a black Explorer I did. Man, that stuff was awesome...completely removed deeps swirls and RIDS with 2-3 passes on the FLEX with a yellow Meguiar`s polishing pad and left a very high-gloss finish.

NSXTASY
12-03-2008, 11:19 PM
OPS-Very easy to use, little cutting power (except on soft paint), virtually no durability IME, cleans well, gums up if you use too much, fills to a degree.

KAIO-Better cleaning than OPS, OPS is easier to use, little to no durability, no cut (or close to 0).

ZAIO-Easiest to use out of these 3, little to no cut (inbetween OPS and KAI0), best durability, Need to let it dry completely and DO NOT overwork it. Most expensive. Cleaning is about on par with OPS.

Prime is like KAIO with a touch of durability.