PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire sealant?

737-8dog
12-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Used the search function and had no luck. I have been using aquawax for one year and really like it. Considering trying something new and am curious as to how BF deep gloss spray sealant works in comparison. It is about 2x the money as aquawax. Thanks.

Garry Dean
12-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Why don`t you PM TH0001, I`m sure he could tell ya.

imported_etml12
12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
IME:

Ease of use - tie

Looks - BF give more of a deeper gloss compared to the more sterile look of AW. BF will darken the paint.

Slickness - Very close but BF edges out AW

Durability - AW

Protection - AW. Though they are spray on products so they are both relatively short lived.

737-8dog
12-02-2008, 10:56 PM
IME:

Ease of use - tie

Looks - BF give more of a deeper gloss compared to the more sterile look of AW. BF will darken the paint.

Slickness - Very close but BF edges out AW

Durability - AW

Protection - AW. Though they are spray on products so they are both relatively short lived.

Thanks for the response. Considering the price difference, any reason other than curiosity to try the BF? When you say short lived, are we talking days, weeks, months? Thanks again!

imported_etml12
12-04-2008, 10:23 AM
^^If you use either product on a regular basis (i.e. every other wash or so) then they should both hold up well. Neither product is meant to be a stand alone LSP.

737-8dog
12-04-2008, 01:57 PM
^^If you use either product on a regular basis (i.e. every other wash or so) then they should both hold up well. Neither product is meant to be a stand alone LSP.

If a vehicle is always garaged and only driven in nice wx, could they not serve as a LSP? The water restriction here in ATL are making detailing very challenging. Use a QD every week and AquaWax or Souveran spray wax every few weeks.

imported_etml12
12-04-2008, 02:56 PM
It may be fine if you stay on top of it. The use of a more traditional LSP would give you a better "safety factor" of protection. If water restrictions are of concern, why not use ONR to clean and then you can protect with your product of choice to your heart`s content. It should be safer from a marring point of view and will clean better.

Check out some of the C&B by Scottwax. He uses ONR almost exclusively from minor clean up to full blown correction jobs.

737-8dog
12-04-2008, 05:04 PM
It may be fine if you stay on top of it. The use of a more traditional LSP would give you a better "safety factor" of protection. If water restrictions are of concern, why not use ONR to clean and then you can protect with your product of choice to your heart`s content. It should be safer from a marring point of view and will clean better.

Check out some of the C&B by Scottwax. He uses ONR almost exclusively from minor clean up to full blown correction jobs.

Awesome. Will try ONR and follow with wax. Thanks.