PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber & Pad Washing Product

E300Diesel
11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
I`m looking for a product that I can use to wash my microfiber towels, and also use in my Universal Pad Washer to help break down the compounds/polishes during use. From my understanding so far, a citrus based soap/product would probably excel for these needs.

So far I`ve seen,

DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator was created to provide detailers with a fast and effective way to clean pads without soapy residue or foamy degreasers. (http://autogeek.net/dp730.html)

To date I believe that I`ve been using Woolite for the microfiber towels and a little Woolite with the water in the Pad Washer.... It`s been working well so far with the towels, but they haven`t gotten too heavily soiled either during use.

E300Diesel
12-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Anyone ever used that DP product that can comment?

Eliot Ness
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Anyone ever used that DP product that can comment?I use it to wash pads and applicators but for my MF`s I use Micro Restore. The DP is basically Snappy Pad Cleaner relabeled and put in jar.

jam
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Just a slight threadjack - what do people use to clean their microfiber applicators? Soaking and then washing in hot water/Tide doesn`t seem to get everything off. Maybe a APC? Thanks.

imported_shine
12-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I use Dawn Power Dissolver to clean stubborn applicators.

Legacy
12-01-2008, 06:53 PM
I use Dawn Power Dissolver to clean stubborn applicators.

+1 works like a charm

BigAl3
12-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Dpd = Ftw!

trl2112
12-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Anyone ever used that DP product that can comment?

I have it. It works well. I have used as directed for soaking pads, and use it in the washer with my microfibers on occasion. I provided a few samples on trades and they now use it too. I have since found Dawn Power Dissolver, but can not get it`s residue smell out of my pads. This works well too:

XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner by Pinnacle For your dual action or rotary polisher. (http://autogeek.net/xmt-pad-cleaner.html)

Legacy
12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I have it. It works well. I have used as directed for soaking pads, and use it in the washer with my microfibers on occasion. I provided a few samples on trades and they now use it too. I have since found Dawn Power Dissolver, but can not get it`s residue smell out of my pads. This works well too:

XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner by Pinnacle For your dual action or rotary polisher. (http://autogeek.net/xmt-pad-cleaner.html)

Why would you care about the smell? I kinda like the smell. Be sure to use some gloves cause its pretty tough on hands.

SSTG
12-01-2008, 08:18 PM
I use snappy clean for pads and woolite and pinn micro restore for MF.

shadow85
12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Just a slight threadjack - what do people use to clean their microfiber applicators? Soaking and then washing in hot water/Tide doesn`t seem to get everything off. Maybe a APC? Thanks.

Wo wo wo!!! you can wash MF`s with hot water and Tide??? I thought it should be cold wash and no detergent cuz it has fabric softner.

I have the DP stuff. Very slippery but will dry your hands out. The pads may seem still greasy, but once they are dry, they are fine. I also soak my MF`s in them. For the MF`s you need to aggitate and rub. Great on pads, ok on MF`s. I am considering the dawn power dissolver for the MF`s.

heatgain
12-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I only use Dawn Power Dissolver on pads/applicators that were used with either a wax or an oil based product. I use plain liquid Gain (washing machine) or a little Dawn

dish soap (sink) for pads/applicators that were used with water based products.

I separate my MF`s in the wash according to wax / all others. The MFs that were used for wax are extra rinsed cycled with vinegar.

Seems to work for me.