PDA

View Full Version : Mernzerna Polish Question

jw
11-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I`ve been using SIP and 106ff. Do you guys use 106ff as a final polish or do you use something else with a black pad? What polish would you use as the last step before adding protection? I`d like to be able to use my Makita rotary without any halograms.

Thanks

zaxjax
11-28-2008, 03:15 PM
You can use 106 on a black or blue pad to finish off, but I like to use Ultrafina.

There is nothing wrong with sticking with Menzerna just do an IPA wipedown before for apply an LSP.

Downgear
11-28-2008, 03:23 PM
On my soft black paint I used to finish with with 106ff, however I too found slight holograms when I was learning. The key is to work the product in long enough for it to completely break down. You can also try final polish II alson known as 87mc as it is the least abrassive polish menzerna makes. I plan to use it once a year after winter.

zaxjax
11-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Good advice Downgear

Bert
11-28-2008, 09:39 PM
I`ve been using SIP and 106ff. Do you guys use 106ff as a final polish or do you use something else with a black pad? What polish would you use as the last step before adding protection? I`d like to be able to use my Makita rotary without any halograms.

Thanks

On hard paint you can finish with 106ff and a black pad with no holograms. With soft paint you may need to take another step down to Menzerna Micropolish (PO87MC), Menzerna Finish Polish (PO85RD) or 3M Ultrafina on a blue pad.